External antenna

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

External antenna

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
External antenna
External antenna
2020-02-04 10:35:58 - last edited 2020-08-28 01:37:50
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Good day,

Before I invest into the Archer MR600, can I use an external antenna (MIMO with SMA conectors) on this router?

Can someone confirm for me the connector type of the detachable antennas.

Much appreciated,

Louis

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:External antenna-Solution
2020-08-26 10:27:11 - last edited 2020-08-28 01:37:50

@Abhi093 

I dont have the numbers for you but I can say this. 

I live mostly on the farm lands and without it I am stuffed. I get on SA Voda network aproximitly 10ish MB/s without and up to 30MB/s with the antenna. This is network dependant.

Long story short, with the antenna I have a decent conection and without virtually nothing.

Even if you live relatively close to a cell tower you will still benifit of a external antenna and you wont go wrong buying one i you like to squeeze out the numbers.

As for latency - I'd say you will be better off with the antenna especially if you live a bit away from a tower.

For me it is absolutely worth every cent but as I mentioned, It will be different for everyone and all you can do is test it for yourself.

Kind regards,

Louis

Recommended Solution
Options
9 Reply
Re:External antenna
2020-02-05 13:14:10 - last edited 2020-02-05 13:18:22

@Louis000 

Hello Louis, the antenna interface type is SMA-M.

Meanwhile, usually we do nont suggest you to replace antenna, if you have to, then please replace all of them.

May it help.

Options
2020-02-05 14:17:03

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks Kevin, yes it answers the question thanks.

However signal strength is not always great where I go and therefore need an external antenna as per above mentioned.

If someone is interested for the results I can post when its tested. 

Antenna: Ottenna LTE-MD-11

Options
2020-03-05 09:00:40
So for whomever wondering. I have a MiMo antenna from Ottenna (LTE-MD-11) and by far the external antenna delivers faster internet and better latencies. I will also add after testing both antennas, Otto and MR600's own antennas that MR600's antennas is decent and owns up to its expectations.
Options
2020-03-07 12:44:19

@Louis000 
Hi - thanks for posting. Interesting in your results.
Sadly Ottenna is not available where I am (europe).

I was wondering if you have any insights in Omni vs Directional - my tower is obstructed by some hills, trees and houses. 
After testing it appears that there are 3 towers around me but only 1 tower is the one I m always connected to (very sporadically one other tower comes into play but negligable)
Would you think a directional antenna would do more harm than good in my case ?

Options
2020-04-24 11:20:54

Just another query around MR600, this time with Poynting XPOL1, used to get decent signal, but one side effect seems to be that wifi via the extenders stops

working, is it something obvious that I've missed ?

Thanks

Options
2020-08-26 05:06:44

@Louis000 

Hi Louis,

How was the performance after you change to external antenna..(Antenna: Ottenna LTE-MD-11)  . Can you please post results here for both before you use antenna and after you used it,? Thanks

Regards, Abhi
Options
Re:External antenna-Solution
2020-08-26 10:27:11 - last edited 2020-08-28 01:37:50

@Abhi093 

I dont have the numbers for you but I can say this. 

I live mostly on the farm lands and without it I am stuffed. I get on SA Voda network aproximitly 10ish MB/s without and up to 30MB/s with the antenna. This is network dependant.

Long story short, with the antenna I have a decent conection and without virtually nothing.

Even if you live relatively close to a cell tower you will still benifit of a external antenna and you wont go wrong buying one i you like to squeeze out the numbers.

As for latency - I'd say you will be better off with the antenna especially if you live a bit away from a tower.

For me it is absolutely worth every cent but as I mentioned, It will be different for everyone and all you can do is test it for yourself.

Kind regards,

Louis

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-08-28 01:34:31

@Louis000 

Nice sharing and Thank you very much!yesyesyes

Options
2020-11-21 15:08:58
Hi, does this antenna can give you carrier aggregation signals (4G+ LTE)?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 6321

Replies: 9

Related Articles