WIFI Drop out no wired connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-05 08:02:23

I have recently bought a WPA4220 to work alongside my WPA4530KIT

I think I have synced \(paired it with the "other" extender not the one that plugs into the router) - they are all on the same electrical network as well, them however if I am on my own wifi (downstairs) and I move upstairs it drops the connection and will not reconnect, Im not sure even if its on ethernet all LEDS are all lit so unsure what the issue could be

Can anyone point me in the direction

Options
4 Reply
Re:WIFI Drop out no wired connection
2020-02-07 14:50:28

@Deekybhoy1888 

Hello, what is the led status of the powerline adapters?

Have you ever setup same network names for these powerline adapters?

Please ensure that the firmware of the powerline adapters are the latest one.

Have you ever tried to reconnect to the upstairs wifi manually? Does it work well?

Good day.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-02-07 14:50:53

@Deekybhoy1888 

Hello, what is the led status of the powerline adapters?

Have you ever setup same network names for these powerline adapters?

Please ensure that the firmware of the powerline adapters are the latest one.

Have you ever tried to reconnect to the upstairs wifi manually? Does it work well?

Good day.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-02-11 13:01:25

@Kevin_Z

All led lights are all on , I have now got ethernet connection in one room , but still no wifi, if I am connected to the same SSID and move upstairs to teh extender (the copied SSID) I have no wifi internet connection.

WPS has been sucessful as teh adapters SSID disappears, I am getting an ethenet connection but wifi drops out completely

Options
2020-02-13 08:39:38

@Deekybhoy1888 

Hello, it is suggested to create a different wifi name for the powerline adapter.

Instruction to change the wireless settings is: https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1611/

Then please verify whether you can detect the wifi network and access internet from it.

Good day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 696

Replies: 4

Related Articles