VR600 as an access point and switch.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-06 15:44:32 - last edited 2020-02-07 08:25:50
Model: Archer VR600  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Archer VR600(EU)_V2_170504

hello everyone. 

I recently bought vr600 after good experience i had with it at my parents house to my new home.

my new home already has an existing router that provides the internet and i wanted to expand my coverage with my new vr600.

i use MOCA adapter to transfer the internet to the floor i live in and connected it to the LAN port of the vr600.

i set the main router ip range between 2-250 and assigned my vr600 the same ip with .254 so there will be no ip conflicts. 

i turned off DHCP. it seems like everything is working fine (Cable and wifi internet) and after a day 2 different devices (phones) are having trouble configuring ip adress while trying to connect to my router. 

i read online that NAT should be disabled as well , is it true? if so, where can i find the setting?
If not, what might be my problem?

Thank you,

Eyal

Options
3 Reply
Re:VR600 as an access point and switch.
2020-02-07 08:25:36 - last edited 2020-02-07 08:25:50

Hello Eyal, below is the instructions to setup Archer VR600 as an access point.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/archer-vr600/#video

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2655/

You can follow the setup guidance to give it a go.

May it help.

Options
2020-06-02 09:07:44

@EyalTerry 

did you soleve this? if so how as i have the exact same issue, after time i start getting strange 169 ip addresses.

EyalTerry wrote

hello everyone. 

I recently bought vr600 after good experience i had with it at my parents house to my new home.

my new home already has an existing router that provides the internet and i wanted to expand my coverage with my new vr600.

i use MOCA adapter to transfer the internet to the floor i live in and connected it to the LAN port of the vr600.

i set the main router ip range between 2-250 and assigned my vr600 the same ip with .254 so there will be no ip conflicts. 

i turned off DHCP. it seems like everything is working fine (Cable and wifi internet) and after a day 2 different devices (phones) are having trouble configuring ip adress while trying to connect to my router. 

i read online that NAT should be disabled as well , is it true? if so, where can i find the setting?
If not, what might be my problem?

Thank you,

Eyal

Options
2020-06-04 10:00:34

@mattalp i think i have. i set the band on my vr600 and my main router not on automatic and set each one on different band frequency. i still sometimes have problems connecting to my vr600 and i assume it is caused due to neighbour's router conflicting with my band frequency. this usually happes for 1-15 mintues top and works out by itself.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 9460

Replies: 3

Related Articles