Archer MR600 4G BANDS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer MR600 4G BANDS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer MR600 4G BANDS
Archer MR600 4G BANDS
2020-02-11 03:36:52 - last edited 2020-02-20 09:12:07
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 190412 Rel.66770n

Where is the update firmware to choose specific 4g bands

and also on 4g+ bands το choose 2 bands together

put this on first  priority 

And in Network mode addnew 4G+ mode only pls

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer MR600 4G BANDS-Solution
2020-02-13 09:24:16 - last edited 2020-02-20 09:12:07

@StefanM 

Hi Stefan, we have forwarded the option to choose 4G bands manually you requested to our product department already, and even a few months ago.

As a communucation bridge bwteen the RD/product team and you end-users and tech support, we answer your questions, receive the requests/feedback and evaluate its reasonability and forward it to the product department. We are not the one who make the decision. What we can do is forwarding your every request to them and remind/push forward them to do something with more and more similar feedback recieved.

I understand your frustration and agree that this feature is useful; we would try our best to help you to satisfy your needs, not a showstopper. We would remind our engineer again and ask them to pay more attenation on this feature.

Thanks for your kindly understanding and support.

Recommended Solution
Options
72 Reply
Re:Archer MR600 4G BANDS
2020-02-11 22:04:03

@Crellion 

Kevin_z, I really think you have to escalate this problem to the right people. You have a good enough product - except for this showstopper.

R&D should of course do their own feasibilty study. Roaming algorithms can be hairy, changes might be subject to type approval or customer acceptance etc. But the change itself, to exclude candidates based on LTE band, can't be that complicated.

As for the end user need, this setting is absolutely necessary in many countries. Hygien feature within telecom market, please benchmark with your competitors...

In my experience, if a feature has high market value and is easy to implement, you should really go for it ASAP and also make sure not to forget it in future products.

Finally there might be that some telecom operators (especially the support organisation) dislike this kind of advanced settings, since they are afraid of massive amount of support calls caused by wrong setup... Even so I belive that the operators market organisations would be happier if their network works. Anyway could be a good idea to "hide" the feature in advanced settings. Maybe even with a disclaimer, saw something like this on a ZTE Mifi: "Dont change this setting unless you know what you are doing" :-)

For me personally it would be fine with a beta release or some other type of config file/cmd, but the important thing is you urgently need to adress this.

The problem wont go away by itself, and as long as you don't fix it you will have this complaints hurting both your brand reputation and limiting sales.

Options
2020-02-13 09:17:31

@Crellion 

Hello, it does not support choose 4G bands manually yet.

And your requests have been noted and forwarded to our product department.

Good day.

Options
Re:Archer MR600 4G BANDS-Solution
2020-02-13 09:24:16 - last edited 2020-02-20 09:12:07

@StefanM 

Hi Stefan, we have forwarded the option to choose 4G bands manually you requested to our product department already, and even a few months ago.

As a communucation bridge bwteen the RD/product team and you end-users and tech support, we answer your questions, receive the requests/feedback and evaluate its reasonability and forward it to the product department. We are not the one who make the decision. What we can do is forwarding your every request to them and remind/push forward them to do something with more and more similar feedback recieved.

I understand your frustration and agree that this feature is useful; we would try our best to help you to satisfy your needs, not a showstopper. We would remind our engineer again and ask them to pay more attenation on this feature.

Thanks for your kindly understanding and support.

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-02-19 10:31:22
Totally agree!
Options
2020-02-19 10:32:02
Please, it has been nearly half a year. please followup with your team.
Options
2020-02-20 09:12:01

@hmit 

Definitely sure. 

Options
2020-03-11 20:21:25

Hi

I just bought this modem router MR600 (with full of hopes....hopes does not count in this case as usual).

I have a poor Internet-connection (ADSL;10 Mb/s) so I have invested to this device, external MIMO antennas, antenna boom, cables, etc.

to make a faster connection (NOT 30 Mb/s). Total costs is so far 250€. There is a 4G base station near by (1000m) available but obviously

there should be a possibility in Firmware to select the most usable band. If this is the brutal reality (No possibility to use fixed band) with this router,

I think that I will return this device to seller even that I have not yet used or tested it for a second. I have two weeks to return the product with full refund.

I really hope that the new Firmware would be ready for download before that.

Options
2020-03-12 09:03:14

@Frustrated-2 

I see, sorry that the router cannot satisfy your needs. 

We will keep working and try to improve the competence of our product and become more customer-oriented. 

And hope that there will be an opportunity to work with you in the near future. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-03-14 20:40:52

@Kevin_Z  Hi Kevin, by your answer above I get the feeling that RoD has rejected this issue, is that correct?

Options
2020-03-17 09:07:56

@StefanM 

Actually, it is not true. There is a plan to add this feature -- to select 4G band manually to the LTE router already, but it will take a certain time to release a new firmware; that is why we mentioned that this router cannot satisfy your needs yet, but we hope there will be a chance to make you access internet with TP-Link product in the near future after added the new features. 

Good day. 

Options