Can a WPA4220 be used as a wireless access point?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-13 10:36:22
Model: TL-WPA4220  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: No idea

Hello.

I have a summer house at the end of the garden, beyond the wireless range of the house router, but with a dedicated hard wired physical link to the main router.

Can i use my WPA4220 as a standalone access point by plugging said ethernet cable into it. Im not concerened what the SSID is.

Thanks in advance.

W

Options
3 Reply
Re:Can a WPA4220 be used as a wireless access point?
2020-02-14 09:34:13

@wobble 

Hello, if you have the single TL-WPA4220, you can connect it to the main router with a long cable and plug it into the garden or near to it to boost wifi signal.

If you have a TL-WPA4220KIT, you can connect the main adapter to the main router by wired cable and pair them, then you can relocate the TL-WPA4220 to boost wifi network.

Good day.

Options
2020-02-14 15:04:08

Thanks Kevin.

Is the single TL-WPA4220 the same as the one that comes with the Kit, i.e i can use it on its own.

Im plugging it in, i can see the SSID and log on using the password but it errors obtaining an IP address at the moment.

It was working, with the hard wire from the router plugged into the WPA4220 but after unplugging it, it wont work again.

Thanks again for your help.

Options
2020-02-17 12:05:55

@wobble 

Thanks for your reply. 

Yes, you can use the single TL-WPA4220 to boost wifi signal. While cause there is no main adapter anymore, to make TL-WPA4220 work first, we need connect it to the main router by wired cable. 

While you cannot unplug it from the main router, otherwise it won't work anymore; due to the lack of main adapter, the powerline connection is unavailable, you need connect it to the main router by wired cable to build up the network connection first. Like the access point. 

May it help. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3909

Replies: 3