Advice and help with powerline internet speeds.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-13 11:22:54
Model: TL-PA4010 KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi I have recently installed the TP-Link TL-PA7010KIT Gigabit.

My internet is virgin media 350mbps, I consistently recieve 300mbps on speed test with close up wifi and and direct ethernet. 

However with the powerline installed I am only reciveing exactly half of my internet speeds 150-160mbps. Speedtest 

It is not a problem with the ethernet cables, i have downloaded tp link software and tried qos to internet but still same speeds.

Is this normal and the best the powerline can do? 

Thanks in advance

Options
4 Reply
Re:Advice and help with powerline internet speeds.
2020-02-14 09:43:31

@gamer9101 

Hello, what is the model number? Is it TL-PA7010KIT or TL-PA4010KIT?

please check the powerline link rate between the TL-PA7010KIT. And please show us a screenshot of it.

Note: You can get it via the tpPLC utility.

Try to change another sockets to plug them; besides, try to move them into the same room and test the speed you can get.

Please ensure that the firmware is the latest one as well.

Thanks a lot.

Options
2020-02-14 11:30:46

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you for your reply, It is the (TP-Link TL-PA7010KIT)

Options
2020-03-11 07:23:20

@gamer9101 

Thanks for your reply. 

Generally speaking, the actual speed is about 30%-40% of the powerline link rate, and it will be slower due to the interference. But compared with the powerline link rate, the current speed is slow. 

Have you ever tried to plug them into the same room and test the speed you can get? 

Try to change another socket to plug them, and please ensure that the firmware is up to date. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-04-06 21:21:23

@Kevin_Z hi I was just wondering if you brought the better power line and if it worked. I have the 500 mbps one in my garden log cabin and speeds are dreadful. My broadband speed at best is 50mbps because of where I live so losing so much speed is not good. I'm actually thinking about buying the 1200 one myself but trying to find out information first. Thsnks

Options