AX11000 - my summary & opinion

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-14 17:57:02
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1

Hello,

My English is not very well but I would like to give you my opinion after a few days of testing the premium AX1100 router. Since I've been very disappointed with Netgear support and errors in subsequent firmware versions of Netgear R9000 router, I'm looking for a premium alternative.

If you have a good experience with a good router that you recommend, I will gladly use your recommendations.

My evaluation may not be objective and refers to the competitive Netgear R9000 router. Please note that I tested AX11000 on the latest firmware version.

PROS

+ Very positive surprise at unboxing - very nice set.

+ Robust performance/implementation.

+ Very fast. Editing, setting and saving(!) operations are VERY fast.

+ Very good range +10dB compared to NetGear R9000.

+ 2.5 Gb/s WAN port.

+ Port aggregation (R9000 also has). I haven't tested it.

CONS

- Trashy look&feel, but I don't like to discuss my tastes.

- Fixed antennas - I can't hang the router vertically and tilt the antennas towards where I work most often and need the strongest signal. That's cool with the R9000.

- Trashy interface - I didn't like it (too much red color).

- Responsive interface on mobile Firefox does not work well.

- Problems with sharing HDDs via USB. This option does not work and cannot be selected.

- HDD share password does not accept special characters (only small and CAPITAL letters)(!) Security(!)

- Administrator password is not stored in Firefox browser.

- You cannot edit the device or its MAC of the added device on the access list.

- You cannot sort the access list.

- For example, you cannot set the device icon to access list.

- Problems with adding an automatic device to while list. Does not detect all devices. Problems also in the mobile browser.

- Only general QoS configuration, no advanced features such as QoS per device.

- Price of the device.

Summary:

1. If you want to cover your family house with WiFi coverage without using the inventions of mesh, extenders and other unnecessary additional devices - I recommend.

2. If you are a “Gadget-man” and the router is visible (not my) and you want to show your friends the equipment for 500€ - I recommend.

3) If you're annoyed by the flaws in the configuration interface - I don't recommend it.

4. If you are an advanced user - I do not recommend it.

Remember that this is only my subjective opinion.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 847

Replies: 0

Related Articles