Deco M4 units disconnect randomly with Ethernet Backhaul

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-18 21:06:58 - last edited 2020-10-28 10:27:53
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.8

Hello,

I have 4 Deco Units with Ethernet Backhaul at a remote site. All configured as AP mode, config ISP ROuter (With DHCP) ==> Switch ==> All Deco M4 Units

They are configured with Ethernet Backhaul on a switch, TP-Link SG-108E.

What I see is that since 2 days the Decos come online and go offline...

This in a matter of 5 minutes, then it jumps to another one...

First of all... is this the app that is going nuts (version 1.9.18, Android)

Secondly, it this problem known?

If so, how to correct this? How to check if the Ethernet Backhaul is doing a good job?

Powering down in a sequence?
Reinstalling all?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco M4 units disconnect randomly with Ethernet Backhaul-Solution
2020-10-28 10:27:49 - last edited 2020-10-28 10:27:53

@ValeyKey    @Chico_r 

Hello all, if you encounter the disconnect issue on the Deco M4 system, please help check some details and we will try to figure it out:

1. How many Deco M4 units in your network and how are they connected to each other, via Ethernet or Wi-Fi? Try to relocate them and ensure they can build up the connection with each other if it is Wi-Fi.

2. Who is your ISP and what kind of modem are you using?

3. Are all the LEDs on the Deco M4 units red or only on the satellite units? How often does the satellite Deco drops the connection? And how do you make it back to work again? 

4. What is the MAC address of the satellite Deco which is dropping?

Any updates, please let me know.

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:Deco M4 units disconnect randomly with Ethernet Backhaul
2020-02-19 01:49:17

@Kockel 

Hello, we have not received such feedback yet, we can do further troubleshooting to locate this issue and try to figure it out. 

1. Please tell us the led status of the Deco M4 units when this issue happened if possible.

2. Do all 4 Deco units have the same issue? Is there any error message on the Deco app?

3. When Deco goes offline, please connect your computer to it by wired cable and click here to get the IP address and gateway. Show us a screenshot of it, please.

4. Try to connect your computer to the same ethernet on the switch which the disconnected-Deco connected earlier and verify whether you can access internet.

5. Try to switch another ethernet cable or ethernet port on the switch to connect the Deco also. 

Good day. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-08-23 12:52:59

@Kockel 

I am experiencing the same problem here. I have only two Deco's M4 linked each other with a direct backhaul (no switch) and my remote deco (not the main) keeps disconnecting from the main deco from time to time.

Did you manage to solve the problem?

Options
2020-10-06 20:06:40

@Kockel I have the same issue it goes red and then back connected

Options
Re:Deco M4 units disconnect randomly with Ethernet Backhaul-Solution
2020-10-28 10:27:49 - last edited 2020-10-28 10:27:53

@ValeyKey    @Chico_r 

Hello all, if you encounter the disconnect issue on the Deco M4 system, please help check some details and we will try to figure it out:

1. How many Deco M4 units in your network and how are they connected to each other, via Ethernet or Wi-Fi? Try to relocate them and ensure they can build up the connection with each other if it is Wi-Fi.

2. Who is your ISP and what kind of modem are you using?

3. Are all the LEDs on the Deco M4 units red or only on the satellite units? How often does the satellite Deco drops the connection? And how do you make it back to work again? 

4. What is the MAC address of the satellite Deco which is dropping?

Any updates, please let me know.

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-11-13 12:39:28

@TP-Link_Deco 

Have an identical problem. The accepted solution is not a solution, but a series of questions.

Options
2020-11-13 14:30:48 - last edited 2024-04-04 13:21:10

@FJO 

Yes, you are correct. In fact I could not continue the investigation of my problem because overnight my problem disappeared.

I was willing to get log files, but peecistency is only 5-8 hours or so...

Try to:

1 - Update the stick

2 - Turn off the remote deco and install the stick using only the main deco and choose a country with a better frequency range (I used US)

3 - move the stick close to remote deco and turn it on again.

4 - leave the equipment powered and go sleep :) sorry that was what happened here. I know that would not make any sense....

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4611

Replies: 6

Related Articles