Can my existing TP-LInk Powerline adapters connect to a TP-Link Deco P9?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-26 11:20:44 - last edited 2020-02-27 08:11:05
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I've seen it said (by Kevin) that "All the TP-Link Powerline Adapters are compatible with each other." 

Is correct that the TP-Link Deco P9 with Powerline AV1000 can be connected to my existing Powerline adapters AV200, AV600 etc? 

I tried this and can't figure out how to set them up. The tpPLC app cannot see the Deco P9 and the P9 device doesn't have a listed password.

Derek

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Can my existing TP-LInk Powerline adapters connect to a TP-Link Deco P9?-Solution
2020-02-27 08:10:52 - last edited 2020-02-27 08:11:05

@DQJ999 

Hello Derek, the Deco P9 is not powerline adapter. It belongs to the Deco series, it does support powerline backhaul, but it cannot pair with other powerline adapters, instead, it is used to improve the performance of the network connections. 

However, the Deco P9 and the powerline adapters can still work together. Deco P9 works as the main router, and then you can connect the main powerline adapter to it by wired cable and relocate the second unit after you paired the two adapters to provide internet.

May it help. 

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Can my existing TP-LInk Powerline adapters connect to a TP-Link Deco P9?-Solution
2020-02-27 08:10:52 - last edited 2020-02-27 08:11:05

@DQJ999 

Hello Derek, the Deco P9 is not powerline adapter. It belongs to the Deco series, it does support powerline backhaul, but it cannot pair with other powerline adapters, instead, it is used to improve the performance of the network connections. 

However, the Deco P9 and the powerline adapters can still work together. Deco P9 works as the main router, and then you can connect the main powerline adapter to it by wired cable and relocate the second unit after you paired the two adapters to provide internet.

May it help. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Can my existing TP-LInk Powerline adapters connect to a TP-Link Deco P9?
2020-02-27 14:25:41 - last edited 2020-02-27 14:27:25

@Kevin_Z Thank you, that's much clearer now!  

I do think though that the pre-sales info that mentions AV1000 should be amended. It is somewhat misleading as it stands. It doesn't work with any other AV1000 devices after all. Perhaps it should say "with AV1000 speed backhaul" .

If you use another pair of Power line adapters running at say 200Mbs, will that reduce the overall backhaul speed to the lowest device speed?

Derek

Options
2020-03-02 09:51:24

@DQJ999 

Hi Derek, thanks for your reply. 

If you add an AV200 powerline adapter into the existing AV1000 powerline network, we suggest you to use one of the AV1000 units as the main adapter; and the powerline link speed between AV200 and AV1000 will be decided by AV200, and it won't be higher than 200; but for the link speed between the AV1000 units, it should be the same, but may be affected slightly due to the AV200. 

May it help. 

Options
2021-12-16 13:56:13

@Kevin_Z I've just purchased a set of 3 Deco P9 and am trying to pair to an existing powerline adapter for wired connection in an extension with thick walls and limited WiFi however my ethernet connection is unstable and drops frequently.

I've currently got the powerline adapter (AV600) connected to a slave Deco unit from one of the ethernet ports - does the powerline adapter need to be connected to the Main unit?

Thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 7437

Replies: 4

Related Articles