domain.tplinkdns.com doesn't work? How to get my WAN / IPS public address remotly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

domain.tplinkdns.com doesn't work? How to get my WAN / IPS public address remotly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-26 13:12:11
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello

- I have configured a domain.tplinkdns.com and set up the router for remote access from all IPs but it's not reachable with http://domain.tplinkdns.com, http://domain.tplinkdns.com:80 or with 443 and https and so on,

- I can connect to the modem/router through Tether app - which has very limited controls - but it doesn't even displays the ISP address to access it remotly through IP address and browser

- Tplink cloud account doesn't display my router, only for cameras ??!! very confusing

-> What is not working with tplinkdns.com?

-> How to get my IP public address with Tether or TPlink cloud? (Tether KNOW it in order to connect)

Thank you for any idea.

Regards

Options
7 Reply
Re:domain.tplinkdns.com doesn't work? How to get my WAN / IPS public address remotly
2020-03-02 07:10:46 - last edited 2020-03-06 00:27:59

@Alligatto 

Hello

Would you please send us your DDNS settings page and the router's Advanced--Status page? Before you use the DDNS function, you should make sure the router's WAN IP address is a public IP address, otherwise, you will need to open the related port for it on the front NAT device.

Have a good day!

Options
Re:domain.tplinkdns.com doesn't work? How to get my WAN / IPS public address remotly
2020-03-03 09:29:35

@Stella.Q 

Hello,

Thank you for your answer

Okay I get it. My WAN ISP is 10.228.73.x and I guess it's a private address on the radio side of my ISP (?)

- What is "the front NAT device" you're talking about? I'm afraid you're talking about my ISP equipment....?

- In this configuration is there another way/DDNS provider or anything else to connect to the webinterface of the router?

- If not, is there a chance that "Tether" will get the same level of configuration possibilities than with webinterface?

Thank you

Options
2020-03-04 03:13:41 - last edited 2020-03-06 00:28:23

@Alligatto 

You are welcome. Your WAN IP address is a private IP address from your ISP. And the front NAT device I am talking about is your ISP equipment. 

You can apply for a public IP address from the ISP, or let ISP open the port for you. Then you will able to access the router's management page remotely.

Right now Tether just supports some basic function, we will evaluate and improve it, but it will take time.

Have a nice day.

Options
2020-06-04 18:14:21

@Stella.Q 

Hello, 

First of all sorry continuing this thread and not opening a new one, if it should be a new thread - i'll re-open the question.

i have the same situation, i used mprivoro.tplinkdns.com quite a lot of time and suddenly it stop work.

my router has a reall IP and i cann reach my internal network by IP.

(at this specific moment it 109.64.*.187)

also, inside my home network mprivoro.tplinkdns.com DO response and i can ping/ssh and etc using the host name, the problem is to reach it outside.

couild you please advice?

thanks

Michael.

Options
2021-12-12 12:59:13

@Alligatto I am having exactly same challenge with MR6400.

Now is there a software version or some thing that can enable me see the wan IP through Mac address or tether app? Its frustrating

Thanks

Options
2021-12-12 13:12:45

@Midasfolks Also, because my rouder/modem is using mtn sim card to connect to internet, is there any online resources to use card ISDN/phone number to see its wan IP or connect to the router/modem?

Options
2021-12-14 08:31:05

@Midasfolks 

Hi, You could see your current WAN IP address via https://www.whatismyip.com/
But normally, ISP will use bind many private IP addresses under the same WAN IP address.
If possible, you could put the SIM card into the smartphone and check the IP address on the smartphone to see whether it is a private or public IP.
If a smartphone could obtain a public IP via the same SIM card, you could copy the APN profiles on the phone to MR6400.

For more details, please also have a look at this link:

[User Case]Port forwarding/DDNS issues on LTE Gateway Routers

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 19491

Replies: 7