TP-PA7010P-Slow Download Fast Upload Speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-27 10:42:21 - last edited 2020-02-27 10:43:37
Model: TL-PA7010P KIT  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: Latest

ISP : Vodafone

Download 1000 Mbps / Upload 50 Mbps

Hi,

i have the Problem that i get really slow Download speed only around 150 Mbps but the whole Upload rate when i am using speed tests.

If i connect my Client directly to the Router i get the whole Speed, so i am trying to figure the problem.

So what i did:

I upgraded both Adapters to the latest Firmware, conncet both Adapters in a singel room with no other power devices on or around but i still get only around 150 Mbps, the strange thing is that tpPLC Utility shows a bandswitch between both Adapters around 800 Mbps and i don´t get why.

Any ideas or solution would be most welcome, because it's getting frustrating.

Options
3 Reply
Re:TP-PA7010P-Slow Download Fast Upload Speed
2020-02-28 08:21:18

@Relic 

The powerline link speed displaying on the tpPLC utility is not the actual speed you can get, while it does affect the actual speed. We can do some troubleshooting to locate this issue and try to fix it. 

1. What is the current hardware/ firmware version of the TL-PA7010KIT?

2. Try to change another computer and connect it to the powerline adapter by wired cable to test the speed. Please check the wired negotiation speed as the instruction.

Note: The steps are the same, but you need click ethernet connection.

3. Try to swap the two adapters to give it a go. 

4. You can hard reset it and change another socket to plug them also. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-02-28 10:34:41
Hi, thanks for the quilkc reply. 1. The current firmware is 3.2.4_701113_171106_901 2. I tried instead of my desktop client my notebook, both have the 1 Gbps Speed 3. Unfortunately i already tried this 4. I will give it a go Best,
Options
2020-03-02 09:59:39

@Relic 

Thanks for your reply. 

The current firmware is the latest one already. After you hard reset it or change another socket, does it become better? 

Besides, you can plug them into the same room and test the speed. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2557

Replies: 3

Related Articles