Scene request: countdown/timer turn on/off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-01 17:11:41
Model: HS110  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Dear developers,

Could please implement the functionality to start a countdown/timer within the scene to turn on/off the plug?

I am trying to connect via ifttt the shutdown request of the raspberry pi with the switch off action of the plug which has to come obviously with some delay.

I am trying to find a workaround to a functionality that is missing on the plug: the plug could monitor the power consumption of the device connected and automatically switch by itself off if the power stays below a user defined value for a given amount of time.

Could you please advise me? Do you have other suggestions?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Scene request: countdown/timer turn on/off
2020-03-02 05:49:58 - last edited 2020-03-06 00:27:56

Luigi84 wrote

Dear developers,

Could please implement the functionality to start a countdown/timer within the scene to turn on/off the plug?

I am trying to connect via ifttt the shutdown request of the raspberry pi with the switch off action of the plug which has to come obviously with some delay.

I am trying to find a workaround to a functionality that is missing on the plug: the plug could monitor the power consumption of the device connected and automatically switch by itself off if the power stays below a user defined value for a given amount of time.

Could you please advise me? Do you have other suggestions?

@Luigi84

Hi, regarding the countdown/timer feature, we have the Smart Actions can achieve it. Please refer to the FAQ below. 

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2567/

Regarding the power consumption monitor feature, we will evaluate it. Thank you very much for your feedback!

Have a good day!

Options
2020-03-21 22:52:31

@Stella.Q thank you for your reply. If I have understood well Smart Actions can be used between Tp-link products not from the raspberry pi. Am I missing something?

Options
2020-03-23 05:48:54

@Luigi84 Yes, the Smart Actions is a function on the Kasa app, and will take effect on the TP-Link products.

Options
2020-03-23 06:07:55

@Stella.Q ok so there is today no way to trigger an action from a raspberry pi on the same network...

Are the APIs available or is there an official tool I could install on the raspberry pi?

Options
2020-03-23 06:10:17

PS: I have noticed I have entered the discussion in the wrong category. It should have been be in smart plug...

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1101

Replies: 5

Related Articles