Powerline adaptor

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Powerline adaptor

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Powerline adaptor
Powerline adaptor
2020-03-02 17:00:18
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Just bought a TL-PA4022P kit.  Connected to my router by the computer and then to the tv again by Ethernet, seems to work well.

my problem is, I think; my house has three power circuits, the one between the router and the tv are on the same circuit. I want my computer to remain connected to the router by Ethernet cable but need an improved signal in other areas served by different power circuits.  How do I achieve this without an extremely long trailing Ethernet cable?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Powerline adaptor
2020-03-04 06:14:38

@Trev1 

For your information, it is suggested to use the powerline adapters under the same power circuit due to the powerline interferences. 

While cause you have purchased the TL-PA4022P, you can relocate the second unit to another circuit and test its performance. No other configuration needed if you have paired them. 

Besides, the TL-PA4022P does not support wifi function, you can get internet from it by wired cable only. 

Options
2020-03-04 14:04:13

thanks Kevin Z.

just tried it on another circuit, both lights come on so possibly ok on that as well, does that mean I can plug a range extender on that circuit and it will boost WiFi? 

Didn’t buy it for WiFi but having said that the diagrams on the box are a bit misleading showing a full WiFi symbol in other rooms.

Options
2020-03-05 07:59:05

@Trev1 

Hello, you can order one extender first and work with the current powerline adapters.

Just in case, you can check the warranty policy first, if the unit does not work well, you can return it within a certain time of period. 

Good day. 

Options