Rebooted Main Deco M4 and certain devices won't reconnect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-07 22:08:51
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.8

My Xiaomi security cameras are connected to the wifi network but one day out of the blue, the 4 cameras I have connected through the Mijia (Xiaomi) App says its all offline.  I have an outdoor camera made by a different company also connected to the Mijia App as well but that worked.  

My first thought was to reboot the main Deco device via the Deco App.  Once I did that, I made things even worse.  The 4 security camera, the outdoor camera, my Ring Doorbell and its connected Chimes are not connected.  The only devices that are able to connect to the Decos are my computer, laptops, smart TVs, cell phones, Google home mini, Chromecast and Google Home Hub.  

I've tried to reconnect the security cameras and Ring doorbell to the network but it would not connect.  It will detect the network but for some reason it just won't establish a connection.  

Nothing has been changed or moved since the disconnection of the initial 4 security cameras. 

I haven't rebooted a second time but wanted to see what the issue is here.  Things were working perfectly fine few days ago.

Thanks in advance.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Rebooted Main Deco M4 and certain devices won't reconnect
2020-03-09 01:19:43

@onept8tee 

Try to disable fast roaming on the Deco app and reconnect the camera to Deco's wifi. 

You also can disable 5GHz and enable 2.4GHz only to give it a go. 

Still the same, please connect the main Deco to the modem only with other slave Decos powered off and try to join the Deco wifi network. 

May it help. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 445

Replies: 1

Related Articles