IPSEC VPN to carry multiple subnet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-11 20:19:15
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 0.9.1 v0001.0

I am Having a problem configuring MR600 LTE Router to connect multiple subnets over IPSec VPN to the same Distination , 

my scenario is at home i have one subnet , but in the remote location there are different subnets i would like to create a tunnel between my home subnet and multiple subnets in 1 distination.

in the configuration Page i can only select 1 subnet or 1 host to create the tunnel for which is not ideal at all ,

i tried creating multiple tunnels for different distination subnets but for the same distination vpn server , only one subnet at a time comes up (eventhough the TPlink Page showing the Two tunnels are up ) and it looks like there is an issue with the tunnel indication where sometimes its reporting down while the tunnel is up and sometimes the otherway around , 

could you please let me know of any work around for my Request ?? is there anyone else facing the same issue with VPN ?

Options
4 Reply
Re:IPSEC VPN to carry multiple subnet
2020-03-13 09:53:57

@Ibrahima 

Hello, below is the instruction to setup the IPsec VPN on the Archer MR600.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1661/

You can follow the instruction to set it up or examine the current settings. 

If it cannot be fixed, please show us the screenshot of the VPN settings page. 

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-03-16 19:56:57

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you for your reply,

but as i mentioned in my port , one subnet in each site works , but if there are multiple subnet in one of the sites there is no option to to configure that , and its not mentioned in the guide .

Sincerely

Ibrahim

Options
2020-03-17 08:01:34

@Ibrahima 

Hi,

When you set up multiple tunnels on the router, just one tunnel actually works, is the effective tunnel random or specific? Please try to do a test, set up tunnel A and B, if tunnel A works, while B not. Then disable tunnel A, just enable tunnel B, does it work?

Options
2020-03-25 09:30:11

@Stella.Q 

actually the effected tunnel is random , if i disable the active tunnel then the not active one comes up 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1225

Replies: 4

Related Articles