TpPLC No Longer Detects devices, after I upgraded to the connected Router to Archer C4000

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TpPLC No Longer Detects devices, after I upgraded to the connected Router to Archer C4000

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-17 07:32:51
Model: TL-PA8010P KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Dear Friends,

Need your help and advice please. I've been using the TPPLC Utility (windows 10) with my TL-PA8010P since last month.

Previous Configuration: Main Router > TL-PA8010P > 2nd Router (Netgear R6120). I am able to use the TPPLC Utility with no problems.

However, now I upgraded my second router to Archer C4000: Main Router > TL-PA8010P > Archer C4000.

The TPPLC Utility no longer detects my PowerLine Adapters (the powerline adapter are working). I am connected to the C4000 via Wifi.

Anyway I can make the TPPLC Utility to detect the powerline adapters again? had no problems when I was using my order router (netgear r6120).

Options
1 Reply
Re:TpPLC No Longer Detects devices, after I upgraded to the connected Router to Archer C4000
2020-03-18 09:31:07

@BlackCat13 

I doubt that it is the different subnets which block the utility accessing the adapter. 

With your computer connected to C4000, please click here to get the IP address and gateway; In the meantime, please connect your computer to the TL-PA8010Pkit directly and check the IP address as well. Then you can verify whether the two IP addresses obtained are in the same subnet. If not, it may not able to detect the adapter via utility. 

You can change the operation mode of C4000 from router mode to AP mode to give it a go. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 810

Replies: 1