DECO M4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DECO M4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
DECO M4
DECO M4
2020-03-18 20:09:58
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi

Please treat me as a novice here

I have recently bought the Deco M4 3 pack. I have cameras outside so the reason I bought these was to extend my wifi out to my garage which is detached from the house. The way I have them set up at the minute is 1 attached to my router, 1 connected via wifi in my kitchen and the 3rd via wifi in my garage. They are pretty much in a straight line. The issue I am having is that the 1 in the garage is connecting to the main 1 connected to the router. The problem is by it connecting this way the signal isn't great and I can't view the cameras.I thought that I could have connected it like so Main - kitchen (connecting to the main) - garage (connecting to the kitchen)

Am i just being stupid or how can I go about doing this?

It is currently set up in router mode

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:DECO M4
2020-03-19 02:01:12

@MNOS 

Hello,  the slave Deco will choose the front-end Deco based on the signal strength and the number of hops between them. It seems that the signal strength gained by garage Deco does not reach the threshold value triggering the band/ap steering. 

You can move them further away from each other, or you can turn on the second Deco first and ensure that the garage Deco has connected to the kitchen one and then disable mesh technology for this Deco on Deco app. 

May it help. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 685

Replies: 1

Related Articles