Slow speed on slave node

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Slow speed on slave node

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Slow speed on slave node
Slow speed on slave node
2020-03-24 16:33:50
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi

I have noticed that I am getting variable wifi speeds on my slave node. Usually the speeds are 40-50% slower. The speeds on the master node are close to 100Mbps at all times.

Is this a known limitation of slave nodes or is there something wrong with my set up?

Options
6 Reply
Re:Slow speed on slave node
2020-03-25 02:13:13

@Himanshu_IN 

What is the current network diagram? How far away between them? 

What is the bandwidth you paid? And what is the speed you can get from the slave Deco? 

Standing next to the slave Deco, please connect your computer to the main Deco and test the speed you can get. 

Besides, you can swap the locations of the Decos or switch the slave Deco to main Deco to rule out whether it is the Deco itself or the environment. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2400/

Good day. 

Options
2020-05-28 13:16:23

@Kevin_Z 

My slave deco is 1 floor above the master one so the distance between them is around 10-12 feet.

I have a 100 Mbps connection. I get 90 odd on the master slave & 30-40 on the slave.

Not much room to move around the decos. I think the current location is the best I have else I don't get connectivity to the slave 

Any suggestions? What's a realistic expectation on the bandwidth on the slave node anyways?

Options
2020-07-11 12:31:38

@Kevin_Z  please can you answer my question. The issue remains unresolved.

In addition, I have now observed that there are fluctuations in speeds on the slave node which impacts the devices connected to it.

To rule out ISP issues, on such instances, I have checked speeds on the ISP router & on the master node & observed correct speeds there.

Please can you advise.

Thanks

Himanshu

Options
2020-07-16 03:03:44

@Himanshu_IN 

Hello,

May I know how many Deco mesh network you have, as I find you have another thread which shows you have a Deco M4 network?

If it is the Deco M4 network you are inquiring, I have replied to you in that thread that it seems that the satellite M4 cannot connect to the main M4 stably due to the distance and obstacles.

If it is not convenient for you to relocate the satellite M4, it is suggested to get a powerline extension network instead of Deco mesh.

Good days.

Options
2020-07-16 05:52:04

@TP-Link_Deco @Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin Please don't mix up my other query on M4. That was for a friend.

In my home office , I have 2 E4s. As stated earlier, performance on the slave E4 is poor. The speeds are much lower & the network is unstable(fluctuations in speed)

Please can you advise how can this be fixed?

Options
2020-08-05 14:25:29

@TP-Link_Deco @Kevin_Z  could you please respond to my query.

Thanks

Himanshu

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1596

Replies: 6

Related Articles