Av600 does not work, does not reboot, it blinks in a very strange pattern.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-25 18:31:25
Model: TL-WPA4220  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: I don't know, the one that came preinstallated

The wifi extender has been working during one year aproximately. (December 2018 ) since last summer. Then it stoped working, it started to blink in a strange way. The second (from above)LED is always turned on and the others three alternate between power LED and all the LED at the same time.

I tryed to reboot the device but it doesn't work, it continues blinking the same way. Also its unable to connect with the other little device, that seems to work perfectly. What can I do to make it work well?  What does this blinking mean? There are other ways to reboot without having to use the pc? Thanks. (If i have to use the pc how i have to use ot because it doesnt show up as a network)

Options
2 Reply
Re:Av600 does not work, does not reboot, it blinks in a very strange pattern.
2020-03-25 18:55:58

@av600user 

it is same pattern that displays my device: (Note mine is V4 EU)

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/200470

I got to this after having problems with the device, it was getting random disconnections. So i decided to reflash it... but then i got to this problem.

Options
Re:Av600 does not work, does not reboot, it blinks in a very strange pattern.
2020-03-26 07:24:40

@bnogal 

Try to power cycle it and hold the reset button for at least 2 seconds to reset the powerline extender to factory default settings. When Reset is triggered properly, all LEDs will turn off and start on again.

May I know was there any power cut or firmware upgrading before this issue happens? 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3714

Replies: 2

Related Articles