Extension socket

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Extension socket

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Extension socket
Extension socket
2020-03-26 18:08:12

I know it's not recommended to plug your tp-link power line adapter into an extension socket. But is that just because of degradation in performance, or is there a safety aspect too? 

im asking as I tried to do that and there was a spark and a bang from the extension that cut off electricity to my flat. Was there something faulty? Or do these things happen with extension sockets? 

I don't care too much about some degradation in speed. But I don't want to get electrocuted. 

Thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Extension socket
2020-03-31 10:56:32

@yappun 

Hi, may I know does the powerline adapter work well with it plugged into the wall socket directly? 

And yes, we do not suggest to plug them into the extension sockets to ensure the performance, while from my experience, when I plug an power adapter into the socket/extension, there may have a spark, which seems normal. But this one cuts off the electricity to your flat, I'm afraid that the extension has a surge protector. And under this circumstance, safety is another aspect. 

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 464

Replies: 1

Related Articles