Powerline Adapators

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Powerline Adapators

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Powerline Adapators
Powerline Adapators
2020-03-27 09:48:31

Currently work over wifi within my home, however connection drops out and i've been recommeded to set-up a powerline kit.

Been recommended the TL-PA7010P KIT but was just wondering if a 3rd adapator/plug can be added to this and I work between the house (spare bedroom) and garden room (which is connected to the house mains).

Can't really opt for the triple pack (AV600) as need AV1000 as minimum.

Also, would be great if the 3rd plug was wifi-booster as well (to extend range to the garden generally as get no signal out there for mobiles and other devices).

Can anyone advise?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Powerline Adapators
2020-03-27 12:31:46

@asdavis83 

Hello, you can add a third unit into the existing powerline adapter, the TL-WPA8630P is a good choice. It has gigabit LAN ports and it supports wifi function as well. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-03-27 15:31:09

@Kevin_Z are there any other options in terms of 3rd units I could explore, or is this the only one which will be compatible with the TL-PA7010P starter kit?

Options
2020-03-31 08:27:01

@asdavis83 

FYI, all the TP-Link powerline adapters are compatible with each other. Considering you have the TL-PA7010P Starter Kit, to ensure the performance, it is suggested to use 7/8/9 series products. 

And the TL-WPA8630P is available as a single unit, that is why I recommend it. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-04-01 22:28:09
Hola buen día, cual es el modelo de una sola unidad, mi cliente quiere conectar 3 repetidores a este modelo TL-WPA8630 KIT pero solo veo el numero de parte en Kit, me pueden ayudar por favor.
Options
2020-12-03 09:55:54

@Kevin_Z 

Is there any difference between a powerline adaptor with built-in wi-fi and a set-up of powerline with a wireless router attached?

Trying to expand existing powerline network to new garden office (on same electrical circuit as the main property) but also improve WiFi experience in the garden etc which is currently non existent.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 529

Replies: 5

Related Articles