I can't expand my network.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-27 14:25:26
Model: TL-PA4010 KIT  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hello everybody.  I turned to TP-link support before writing in this forum but I haven't solved anything.
 I therefore ask you in the hope of coming up with a problem that I have been trying to solve for weeks.
 I explain:
 last year I purchased the TL-WPA4220 powerline kit to bring the Wi-Fi signal to the laundry room, area where my router (also tp-link TL-WR841N).  I managed to get the kit working on the first try and from that moment my washing machine has seen the Wi-Fi network.
 So far, so good.
 A short time ago I bought a security camera that I had to connect to my Wi-Fi network and I therefore thought of buying a second powerline kit.
 The choice fell on the TL-PA4010 kit.
 I thought it was very easy to expand the network with two other powerlines also connected to the home Wi-Fi.  Instead, I started experiencing many problems.  By pressing the pair button I was never able to connect the new powerline to the existing ones.
 I asked to the assistance if the two kits were compatible but I have not received answer.  I tried to download the tpMifi app and tp / link theter but I didn't solve it.
 I would like to ask you if you can tell me step by step how to make 4 powerlines work together?  I am going crazy.
 if you need other data to give me a solution, write me.
 thank you!

Options
6 Reply
Re:I can't expand my network.
2020-03-30 08:34:53

Please!! 

Options
2020-03-31 09:16:42

@Momo1969 

Hi, all TP-Link powerline adapters are compatible with each other. 

You can use the tpPLC utility to pair them, not tpMifi app or Tether.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/tl-wpa4220kit/#Utility

Instruction is attached below: 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1615/

Best regards. 

Options
2020-04-01 09:18:07

@Kevin_Z 

Hello and thank you for your kind reply.  I did everything you said and managed to add the two new powerlines, I renamed them and it seemed to be ok.  
Unfortunately, however, after a few minutes the two powerlines have disappeared and their LEDs have gone out.  what should I do to solve the problem?  

Thank you for your answer.

Options
2020-04-04 08:11:49

Please, Kevin. :-)

Options
2020-04-06 10:15:55
Options
2020-04-28 13:08:32 - last edited 2020-04-28 13:15:00

I go back to writing here in the hope of solving my problem which is apparently trivial. It's about adding two powerlines to two more that are already in my house.

Yesterday I downloaded the beta version of tpPLC for mac and I added the two TL-PA4010 Kit powerlines using the "Add" button. To add them I simply connected them to a wall socket near the computer and then I entered the code shown on the back. Powerlines added correctly as you can see from this screen:

The two added powerlines are those marked with code F14F and 6FA1. After about 3-5 minutes that are properly connected, the lights go off and also disappear from the application screen on the mac. Can you tell me where I'm wrong?

Can you explain the procedure to add these two powerlines to my home network with two powerlines already, as if I were two years old ???

Thank you so much!

PS: Now I have a doubt, I read this on the TP-Link website: 2. The product that starts with TL-WPA supports the wireless function, while TL-PA does not.
I purchased the TL-PA4010 kit. Does this mean that I can have the internet signal only by connecting an ethernet cable and I will never have the wi-fi signal?
Do I have to buy a WPA product to get the Wi-Fi signal?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1014

Replies: 6

Related Articles