Virgin Media Superhub 3.0 freezing when TP Link Powerline Adapter is plugged in

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-02 13:01:10
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I've connected a TL-WPA4220 to my Virgin Media Superhub 3, I set the wirerless SSID and password on the tp-link extenders to match my Virgin Media network.  Everything seemed to be working fine but after a frew hours the superhub froze.  I couldn't acess the internet or the hubs home page from wireless or wired devices.  I powered the hub off and back on and after the reboot everything started working but the problem keeps on happening, every few hours the superhub needs rebooting.

I was wondering if the problem might be to do with the wireless networks interfeering with one another so I tured wireless off on the tp-link extenders but the problem persists.  Any ideas?  Thanks :)

Options
2 Reply
Re:Virgin Media Superhub 3.0 freezing when TP Link Powerline Adapter is plugged in
2020-04-03 09:54:58

@Woodey 

How did you setup the wireless network name and password of TL-WPA4220? With the WPS button or the tpPLC utility.

Please unplug it for a while and take some time to test the stability of the main router. 

Try to change its wireless settings of the TL-WPA4220 with the tpPLC utility, give it a different name to do a test. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1611/ 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Virgin Media Superhub 3.0 freezing when TP Link Powerline Adapter is plugged in
2020-04-05 07:59:31

Thanks @Kevin_Z.  I used the TP Link utility to configure the extenders, pressing the WPS button didn't work.

I've unpluggeg the TP Link devices and the main router has been stable for 24 hours.  I will try again later with a different network ssid on the TP Links and see what happens.

Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1970

Replies: 2