HS200...I am frustrated...the light strobes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-05 00:09:53

I am trying to install a single pole switch for my daughter's overhead reading light. I thought it would be simple like thr others, uh, no. I have tried everything. It is a single pole, not a three pole. She has a switch for her main light and a switch for a fan (not installed) and we had the reading light added.i can get power to the HS200 but when I do the reading light turns off an on regardless of the switch. I have tried every match if neutral and it's either neither light works or the main light works and I get the other one strobing on and off. Any ideas? Thank you.

Options
3 Reply
Re:HS200...I am frustrated...the light strobes
2020-04-05 02:15:16

@Porchbeers Not exactly sure from the description, but you mention trying "every match of neutral" which sounds a little off.  There's only one way to connect the neutrals - a single shared bundle with all of the whites including the wemo's (assuming they were all shared before you installed it).  If the bundle is too big create a second bundle with a short jumper between.  The flashing does suggest it is something wrong with the neutral.  If the neutrals weren't all joined before you may need to figure out what all of the wires are doing in case something is wired differently that you expect.

AutomationManager: Secure home automation without relying on cloud servers.
Options
2020-04-05 02:45:18
Thanks MikeP. I had a “bundle of neutrals” so are you thinking a jumper between the HS200 and the bundle of neutrals will work?
Options
2020-04-05 03:07:55
Yeah, if you started with a single bunch of neutrals there you'd want to add the wemo neutral to it. If it's too big, peel off 1 to make room for a jumper, then join the jumper, wemo white, and the one you peeled. Be careful though if before you started there were separate whites as those may not be neutrals.
AutomationManager: Secure home automation without relying on cloud servers.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 907

Replies: 3