tpcamera app vs kasa vs tapo camera apps

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-05 10:37:02
Model: NC450  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.2

Hello,

I have been using the tpcamera app with a number of NC450 and NC220 cameras setup.  Looking through Tp-Link the

only available cameras in the NC line today are the NC260 and NC450.  

The other options are KC200 Kasa Cam Outdoor, KC100 Kasa Sport and the Tapo C100 and C200 which require

their own seperate apps to setup.  

Are these newer Kasa and Tapo cameras compatible with the tpcamera app in order to use all of them cameras under one application

and not clutter with two or three different applications?

Will the "old" NC camera line continue with newer options especially a much needed outdoor model or will be discontinued? 

Thank you,  Nikitas

Options
2 Reply
Re:tpcamera app vs kasa vs tapo camera apps
2020-04-16 08:57:46

@Nikitas 

Hi, 

As you can see, we have three different series camera now, the NC series camera uses the TPcamera app, the KC series camera uses the Kasa app, the Tapo series camera uses the Tapo app. You can't use the TPcamera app to control the other two serials' cameras.

Regarding the NC camera's development, it also depends on the market demand and feedback, please keep your eyes on our official website for the updates.

Have a good day.

Options
Re:tpcamera app vs kasa vs tapo camera apps
2021-05-11 14:00:55

@Stella.Q 

So bad! I bought different series (NC260 - C200) and now I have de same problem. 2 apps to manager. You should have an app that control all series… since it’s all TpLink

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 4833

Replies: 2