Votes

Multiple Profiles for the same MAC/Device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-07 15:47:39
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.9.18

Feature Request/Enhancement - Parental Controls

1. You need to improve on the robust nature of profiles.   You CANNOT have multiple profiles for a single device/MAC ID.   The request is to allow for a single device/MAC ID to have MULTIPLE profiles.  
  2. If you cannot improve and allow for multiple profiles, then at least improve upon the Total Time and Bed Time restrictions.   For instance - let's say I want to allow a device to have 2 hours of access to a specific website, but only 1 hour to another website.  Give us the ability to set those type of ACLs on the device.  This is the 21st century and most routers (even home routers) should have a far more robust ACL modification capability.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Multiple Profiles for the same MAC/Device
2020-11-02 13:32:27
I totally agree with you. We should have these option now.
Options
2020-11-07 21:38:23 - last edited 2020-11-07 21:38:53

@mbks Totally agree. Just in general, I would love to have my mother be able to -also- control the lights in our house without having to use my account. Ugh.

Options
2020-11-26 07:51:08

@Jamil_Ahmed     @mbks 

Hello, thank you both for your suggestions for the Parental Control function on the Deco M5. This will be recorded in our system, and we will keep an eye on this kind of feedback, we will push our R&D to evaluate this feature at a proper time.

Good day.

Options
2020-11-26 07:55:26

@ABunny 

Hello, thank you joining, while I am wandering are you also talking about the parental control feature about the Deco M5? It seems that you are referring to the management of smart devices. The smart devices currently can only be managed and controlled via one account, it cannot be controlled via different accounts.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 852

Replies: 4

Voters 1