I need help buying a Powerline/WiFi extender adapter

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-08 08:38:09

I think I need to buy a powerline adapter with wifi and passthrough sockets. We get very little Fast Broadband signal and even less WiFi connectivity here and the devices are spread out across the property.

I need to be able to extend the reach and speed of both, so will need a starter kit and also add on plugs.

Do the add-ons need to be the same model type as the starter kit? And where can I get them?

As we only have very low signal here what level of adapter should I be buying?

Our estimated downoad speed is 11-18mbps, we often get less than that, especially now we're all working from home. Our use is home working, internet browsing and TV streaming, we are not game players and attach our phones to the WiFi where possible. The property is single storey but spreads across a very long footprint and there are walls blocking. All devices are well away from the Master phone socket & router and there don't appear to be secondary phone sockets anywhere to move the router to.

Options
1 Reply
Re:I need help buying a Powerline/WiFi extender adapter
2020-04-09 08:33:14

@Woody1 

Hi, all TP-Link powerline adapters are compatible with each other. The add-ons do not have to be the same as the starter kit.

And it is suggested to use the powerline adapter under the same power circuit. It can be used to boost wifi signal,  to some extent it will improve the speed you can get, but the actual speed is still decided by the actual network environment.

Considering the bandwidth is 11-18Mbps, the TL-WPA4226kit is a good choice. It supports wifi function, and there is a passthrough on the main unit. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/tl-wpa4226kit/

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 540

Replies: 1