Chromcast problem and Tp-Link Archer Vr1210v

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-08 19:46:52 - last edited 2020-04-09 06:49:02
Model: Archer A9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Archer_VR1210v_v1_Build200320_Rel.6025n.
good evening, I recently purchased the TP-link Archer VR1210v modem and the chromcast but with the cell phone I can't see the chromcast. With google support I have verified that the chromcast works normally using another mobile phone as a hotspot. In this case my cell phone always saw the chomcast. Instead using the wifi of the Tp-Link after a few hours the cellphone no longer sees the chromacast. I think it's a configuration problem of the Tp-Link or the firmware. do you have a solution to the problem? The type of my router is not archer A9. The correct type is Archer VR1210V but It's not present in the list

I'm sorry for my english

Options
8 Reply
Re: Chromcast problem and Tp-Link Archer Vr1210v
2020-04-08 20:13:19 - last edited 2020-04-09 06:49:02

@GioPalomba Make sure both Chromecast and your smartphone are connected to the same network and band.

Have you tried the process in your smartphone with both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands?

Options
2020-04-08 20:35:56 - last edited 2020-04-09 06:49:02

@mocelet 

the chormcast and my mobile phone are connected to the same wifi network. I am using only the 2.4 Ghz network because my mobile phone can only use that

Options
2020-04-09 06:48:10 - last edited 2020-04-09 06:49:02

@GioPalomba 

Thanks for the information provided, we can do some troubleshooting to locate this issue first.

1. When Chromecast cannot be detected, can other devices access internet from the Archer VR1210v?

2. And is Chromecast still connected to the TP-Link wifi? Or it disconnects from wifi totally? If it is still connected, please check its IP and gateway. You can ping the IP address from a local computer.

3. Have you ever tried to change the wireless settings? Like wireless channel or channel width.

4. And you can reserve an IP address for the Chromecast on the VR1210v to give it a shot. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-04-15 07:44:14 - last edited 2020-04-15 13:30:00

@Kevin_Z 

Hi,

I have a similitar problem with a Google Home Mini. After a few hours of working I cannot reach it anymore from the Home appication.

Here some details:

1. When Home Mini cannot be detected all the devices can access internet from the Archer VR1210v (Home Mini included).

2. Home Mini is still connected to the TP-Link wifi. I CAN'T ping the IP address from a local computer. I CAN'T ping any devices connected to the WiFi LAN.

But I CAN ping Home Mini and other devices from the command line shell of the VR1210v.

3. I tried to change the wireless settings. After some hours of working it stops again.

4. I reserve an IP address for the Chromecast on the VR1210v. This doen't solve the problem.

5. Re-applying the settings of the WLAN on the web interface solve the problem.

Have a good day.

Options
2020-04-15 13:30:21

@Kevin_Z 

Good morning, here are the answers:

1 When I cannot detect the chromcast from the mobile phone other devices can access the Internet from the Archer VR1210v.

2 I don't know how, can you explain to me? Thank you

3 I tried to change the channel width setting it to 20 MHz leaving the choice of channel with the basic settings but nothing has changed.

4 I don't know how to do it, can you explain me? Thank you

I also made the firmware update to the version of the Archer_VR1210v_v1_Build200320_Rel.6025n. Before I had that of July 2019 and I encountered another problem: the internet LED flashes and the connection drops. do you have solutions?

thanks a lot
Options
2020-04-19 23:38:34 - last edited 2020-04-24 11:26:43

@Kevin_Z 

Hi,

Same problem here on Archer VR1210v. I have a speaker driven through Chromecast. This device is found by the Google Home app on my Android phone then disappears after minutes. Rebooting the modem makes the speaker reappear, then it disappears again. Firmware (italian) updated to last available to date.

1. For sure, wireless and DSL work flawlessy for all the devices connected to the router and even for other apps on the Android phone

2. Yes, all the devices in the network can be pinged from each other

3. Same behaviour for 2.4 and 5 Ghz. Changing channel and width, where appropriate, doesn't change behaviour

4. IP reservation (and also static ARP) does nothing

Edit: I updated the firmware of the Chromecast speaker (which is dated April, 23, see https://www.technics.com/support/firmware/SL-G700.html - the instrument is actually a streaming DAC that is classified as speaker) and the problem is resolved. I won't delete this message and will keep it as reference for other users.

Options
2020-05-04 08:32:48

@GioPalomba 

Good morning,
Last week, Italian TP-Link customer support told me to do this to resolve the problem:

Set the Group Key Update Period value to 0 in Advanced Wireless settings and perform it for both bands.

To get to Group Key Update Period you have to enter the modem settings, select advanced, then wireless, then advanced setting and finally you will find Group Key Update Period.

It worked for me, I hope it goes well with you too. Regards

Options
2020-05-29 23:03:43

I was experiencing the same problem, the chromecast was working fine after switching it on, but only for a few minutes. Then I could not see it from any mobile device or PC, and I needed to reboot it and/or disconnect the other device from the wifi and reconnecting it, and/or even reboot the router to make it visible again.

I've tried deactivating 5g, subscribing to Preview Firmware program, changed channels, channel width, transmission mode, reserved ip, nothing of that worked.

Finally I have followed @GioPalomba instructions, of changing "Group Key Update Period" parameter to zero value on both 2g and 5g. That has fixed the Chromecast problem, now it's working perfectly!

Strangely enough, the default value for that parameter is supposed to be zero, according to the contextual help, but it was set to 3600 without me having set it to such a value. And it was still 3600 even after a factory reset. It looks like it should definitely be zero by default, indeed!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1874

Replies: 8

Related Articles