Archer AX11000 Slow Uploads

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer AX11000 Slow Uploads

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
19 Reply
Re:Archer AX11000 Slow Uploads
2022-01-04 13:23:51

@Kevin_Z 

I did. None of those settings make a difference in my wired speed. Only thing that gets me anywhere near gigabit is putting the router in AP mode....

Options
2022-01-04 17:38:57

Leo_H wrote

Last night I let TP-Link support remote in to my network and check everything. They were able to confirm the issue. Connected directly to my modem, I am able to get 900Mbps down and up (service is 1000/1000), but with the AX11000 in router mode, I can only get 900 down/300 up. They tried installing beta firmware with no improvement.

The router had been factory reset for the testing with default settings, all HomeCare features turned off, QoS set to "Standard", all wireless off, and just a single wired laptop connected at 1 Gbps with CAT-5e. TP-Link confirmed the settings of the router were correct, but ultimately could not explain why I'm only getting about 1/3 of my maximum upload speed. The senior engineer said they would forward the issue to the R&D department to hopefully work on a fix. Based on these forum posts though, it seems people have been having this issue for a while with the AX-series routers so I'm skeptical.

It's a shame because I really like the speed and range, and the connectivity seems solid, but I can't keep this router knowing I'm only getting 1/3 of the upload speed I'm paying for.

This was posted on 2020-04-14

Comin up on almost 2 years later.. @Leo_H Did you ever get it working correctly?

Options
2022-01-30 09:55:32

I am also having this issue. Recently upgraded to Fios gigabit, sometimes I'll get 600+ upload but rarely and usually only after a reset and it eventually slows to a crawl in comparison. I ran several speed tests through the router itself and some came out with 600+ up but it was very inconsistent and I most hit only between 45-140ish. I was thinking maybe I had something hooked up wrong since I am using the Verizon G3100 router as a MoCA adapter since I have their TV service as well. I have the ethernet going from the ONT to the AX11000 WAN port then from the AX11000 LAN to the G3100 WAN. I thought it maybe could be my set up but now I don't think so especially after reading this thread. I messed around for a couple hours but no luck. My download speeds are fine but uploads are slow. I really like this router since it has IP and MAC binding but this is a big red flag if its going to cut more than half my upload speed I pay for.

Options
2022-01-30 17:37:50

@Solid_Snake 

i ended up giving up. I had a support engineer and another engineer remote in to my router for about an hour and a half and couldn't figure it out. They captured some data, but I decided to return it. I'm surprised to hear that on gigabit your download speed was fine. No matter what we did, Fios router I always got around 940 down, and with the Archer, it was about 750 max.

For me though I think I realized that wifi 6 wasn't going to be the panacea that I thought it was. On AP mode the device was fine, but next to the device the best wifi speed I was able to achieve was 650 down. At distance in other rooms, speeds dropped in-line with my fios routers and extenders. My personal path was to buy a few Fios WCB6200Q extenders on eBay for around $30 shipped. They aren't wifi 6, but they extend the network through the coax backhaul. Eventually I will probably pick up a wifi 6 router but not one that is going to cut my wired speeds. But I thought with the large antenna this unit would plow fast wifi though my house and that wasn't the case.

Options
2022-01-30 17:42:28

@crazyzete 

I was looking at grabbing the Asus AX11000, however TO-link has IP and Mac Binding which I need for my Wake on Lan for outside the home network. If it wasn't for that I probably would have sold this and gotten the Asus, unless they have that feature as well I probably would get rid of this.

Options
2022-04-01 10:49:58

@Kevin_Z This is still very much an active issue. I have been following this thread for a few months now hoping for an update / resolution. I also did try all the troubleshooting steps and was not able to resolve the matter other than when switching to AP mode or using different router hardware such as Netgear Orbi which doesn't exhibit this issue.

Options
2022-04-01 11:14:09

AceNJ wrote

@Kevin_Z This is still very much an active issue. I have been following this thread for a few months now hoping for an update / resolution. I also did try all the troubleshooting steps and was not able to resolve the matter other than when switching to AP mode or using different router hardware such as Netgear Orbi which doesn't exhibit this issue.

@AceNJ  Sorry to hear that you experience a slow speed with the AX11000. We do receive feedback that the upload speed is not good as expected when connecting to the AX11000, some of them worked with our engineers but it seems hard to replicate the issue, that's why we are not providing a solution here.

If this is what concerns you now, we would like to know more details as we asked in the original post, can you please confirm? What is the upload and download speed when you connect to the ISP modem, and what is that when connecting to the AX11000? Please check and ensure the QoS settings are configured properly and the cable quality is good, cat 5e or cat 6 cables are recommended.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-06-14 00:29:22

@Leo_H 

I Have 1G fiber internet and can't get more that 24mbps upload speed with the Archer AX11000. I've done all the troubleshooting, and it's changed nothing. I spent an hour and forty minutes online with their tech support, and nothing is better. I like to play video games and online gaming is awful. I've compared it to older routers, and they don't have the same problem, but obviously can't get me to 1G speeds.

Tech support said they were sending my case up the ladder, but, nothing is being done. 

Has anyone been dealing with this? Both the tech problem and the customer support problem?

Thanks

Options
2022-06-14 01:38:45

JDMadsen wrote

@Leo_H 

I Have 1G fiber internet and can't get more that 24mbps upload speed with the Archer AX11000. I've done all the troubleshooting, and it's changed nothing. I spent an hour and forty minutes online with their tech support, and nothing is better. I like to play video games and online gaming is awful. I've compared it to older routers, and they don't have the same problem, but obviously can't get me to 1G speeds.

Tech support said they were sending my case up the ladder, but, nothing is being done. 

Has anyone been dealing with this? Both the tech problem and the customer support problem?

Thanks

@JDMadsen Apologies that it takes time to troubleshoot. I found your case has been escalated to the support engineers, they would get back to you soon, please wait and confirm.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Related Articles