AX20 - Frequent disconnect from internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-14 01:03:47 - last edited 2021-07-19 10:56:28

Just installed my AX20 yesterday, the WiFi is very unstable, it has been frequently disconnected from the internet which never happened in my old router before. And Tether App diagnose as disconnect problem between router and internet. Please advise how to fix.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:AX20 - Frequent disconnect from internet-Solution
2021-07-19 10:56:23 - last edited 2021-07-19 10:56:28

@usfreak13 

Hi, if you are experiencing a disconnect from internet when connecting to the AX20, please check the suggestions we provided here, and report back with the basic information, then we can proceed to help:

[Troubleshooting] Router Disconnects from Internet

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
17 Reply
Re:AX20 - Frequent disconnect from internet
2020-11-07 14:47:36

@Wong_2020 even i have the same issue with my router. tp-link support team please help!!!

Options
2020-11-17 02:50:13 - last edited 2020-11-17 02:51:09

@Wong_2020 even I am facing this problem. I wonder if the problem is caused by the Smart Connect feature?

I initially had the setting on (which means the router created a single SSID and devices would connect to 5 or 2.4Ghz automatically).

Now I have turned it off and it seems to work fine for now.

Did you or anyone else also have the setting on when you started facing this problem?

Either way, this is quite disappointing and TP Link must look into this and come up with a solution or atleast inform us if this problem is going to remain in which case we should get some other router 

Wong_2020 wrote

Just installed my AX20 yesterday, the WiFi is very unstable, it has been frequently disconnected from the internet which never happened in my old router before. And Tether App diagnose as disconnect problem between router and internet. Please advise how to fix.

Options
2020-11-20 19:14:56

@jmayank23 i tried to do what you did but still am facing the issue it randomly drops connection and reconnect but it should not behave like this i have a fiber optic connection so i have a reliable source but router is buggy. Tp-link team please provide me a fix for this. ASAP

Options
2021-01-20 09:07:03

@jmayank23 

Hello, apologies for the super late reply.

Was the 5G dropout issue resolved by disabling the Smart Connect on the AX20? Please ensure you are already on the latest firmware, then check if you can enable the Smart Connect again.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-07-19 09:18:41

@Wong_2020 Im also facing the same issue with ax20 model as the internet keeps dropping my connection is a leased line and i dont get un interrupted internet. This is really a concern and should be resolved by upgrading the firmware at TPlink end. 

@tplink Please release an upgrade to fix this internet drop issues else would have to change the router and throw this in a dustbin..

Options
Re:AX20 - Frequent disconnect from internet-Solution
2021-07-19 10:56:23 - last edited 2021-07-19 10:56:28

@usfreak13 

Hi, if you are experiencing a disconnect from internet when connecting to the AX20, please check the suggestions we provided here, and report back with the basic information, then we can proceed to help:

[Troubleshooting] Router Disconnects from Internet

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-08-22 13:49:54

@Kevin_Z 

Same issue i am facing And I bought this Ax20 last two weeks. When I go to bed room my iphone device WiFi signal is not so good and drop, I observed that my  router Ax20 turn on orange light outside. Light is still there after 15mins. 

Three solutions: 1. Release ip again in settings through 192.168.0.1  or

2. unplug router cable and plug-in again or

3. Reboot router

My router settings follow the tp links guys email provided but Issue is still there and I am very disappointed. Please solve the problem asap many thanks

Options
2021-08-23 01:15:21

@JasonJJ 

Have you tried all the basic suggestions we provided here? If yes, please check the below and report back with the necessary information, then we can help further:

1. Who is your ISP? What's the model of the modem?

2. What is the WAN connection type on the TP-Link router?

3. Save and email the System Log on the router (System Tools > System Log). Don't reboot the router, if the internet doesn't recover automatically, please login to the router page, go to Advanced > Network > Internet, click on the Connect/Disconnect to recover the connection on the router.

Options
2021-09-04 03:44:54

Hi All,

I also have the TP-Link AX20 that i recently purchased. In the past i have enjoyed TP-Link routers but this thing is absolute JUNK!

My issue is the same as many that has eben reported. My background is in IT for the past 25 years and I have gone through a number of settings / testing with this router. For the TP-Link staff please take note:

1) I am using the Archer AX20 v2.0  and Firmware Version 2.1.1 Build 20210521 rel.72300(5553) (the latest / most current).

2) My issue in particular is with the 2.4 GHz wireless band. It drops out daily and when this happens my devices / client computer cannot connect over this band. The 5 GHz band remains running without problem. All devices on the 5 GHz network or lan connected can access internet without a problem. All lights remain on, I can see the SSID network show up however if I try to join that network I am unable to join (almost as iff the username / password is no longer valid). As soon as I either reboot the router, or simply disable / enable the 2.4 GHz network only everything is able to reconnect immediately.

3) I have tried to manually set the 2.4 GHz channel and channel width manually as well per recommendations already put out by you (i.e. - Channel 1, 6, 11, and manual width to 20 Mhz).

4) This is NOT a problem with the settings, cross talk from microwaves / other nearby routers, etc. This is NOT an internet connection problem with my provider, etc. My old router when re-installed works perfectly fine with the EXACT SAME SETTINGS on both 2.4 and 5 GHz.

I'm not sure how many people have to report this issue but you seriously need to get your engineers to release a new firmware release to FIX THIS ISSUE. Please stop trying to tell users this somehow appears to be our settings because it is not. Plain and simple this is a bad firmware / design and it needs to be fixed.

I purchased this router just 5 days ago and the problem occurs daily. if we cannot get a resolution VERY SHORTLY i will return for full credit and i plan to not use TP-Link in the future. This is absolutely HORRIBLE customer service and quality testing of your equipment!!!

Options
2021-09-06 09:37:05

@Electroman121 

Hi, as replied in the below thread, you can investigate the issue with the support engineers directly:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/270606?replyId=631292

BTW, your issue is not the same as the OP in this thread, it's also suggested to keep discussing on one topic, otherwise, it may create an additional burden on the follow-up.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 5914

Replies: 17

Related Articles