Wifi security WPA2 AES missing in Deco M9 Plus?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wifi security WPA2 AES missing in Deco M9 Plus?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
157 Reply
Re:Wifi security WPA2 AES missing in Deco M9 Plus?
2020-10-09 09:25:03

@TP-Link_Deco Same here. This is a must-have; it's so standard, I didn't even check the specs before purchasing the product... Shame, because the hardware is great. 

Options
2020-10-09 14:28:26 - last edited 2020-10-09 14:29:06

@daBowmore 

daBowmore wrote

TP-Link_Deco wrote

@AndyHN  @ajharvey  @Joselu  @HB_Gamer  @TalTik 

Hi all, thanks for asking again.

We have actually released the beta firmware for the Deco device to allow you to change the security type now, please refer to the below post for more details:
https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/227662

Good days.

@TP-Link_Deco 

While we appreciate there is a beta firmware available, I am, like many others, waiting for the official release.

I think the TP-Link community deserves now a firm date for the official release fixing this serious issue. 

Kindly escalate this ticket (unless you already did so), push it again and again, make it your personal priority and please find a solution for us!

Many thanks! 

I was happy to notice the official firmware update is finally available, update was successfull, and security is now by default WPA2-PSK [AES].

For older device compatibility one can now enable also TKIP in the Deco app.

Finally. Thanks.

Options
2020-10-09 14:43:49
I noticed it shortly after I posted last night as well. Thanks guys!
Options
2020-10-09 15:30:33

@daBowmore 

is this the same as the beta?

Options
2020-10-09 15:38:51

SrDarkWarrior wrote

@daBowmore 

is this the same as the beta?

@SrDarkWarrior I'm not sure, I decided not to install the beta, and waited for this official release.

Options
2020-10-10 05:34:01

@TP-Link_Deco not quite right on what you say though. My iPhone latest iOS14 tells me that I'm using weak security for my Deco. It supports AES but Deco doesn't connect it there. Being able to let users select is a standard on most routers I'd seen and I was surprised that this feature is missing in Deco.

Options
2020-10-10 08:14:41

d8nnii wrote

@TP-Link_Deco not quite right on what you say though. My iPhone latest iOS14 tells me that I'm using weak security for my Deco. It supports AES but Deco doesn't connect it there. Being able to let users select is a standard on most routers I'd seen and I was surprised that this feature is missing in Deco.

@d8nnii try the latest update now available in the Deco app. It finally has the option to disable the TKIP (low security) option completely!

Options
2020-10-10 19:44:04

@TP-Link_Deco 

Hi, I install the beat firmware 1.4.3 for my Deco M9 Plus V2, and now our iphone now say that the network is secured. thanks.

Bert

TP-Link_Deco wrote

Hello all, thanks very much for your patiently waiting and support.

Our developers recently have provided beta firmware for the Deco devices, which allows you to change the wireless security type for your Deco network, you can get the specific firmware for your Deco model in the below thread if you are willing to update it:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/227662

Note: Ensure you are running the latest Deco app on your phone first, Android version 2.2.1, and iOS 2.2.2.

Let the community know if you have any inquiries, thanks a lot~

Options
2020-10-12 01:17:30

@Becomeau  Thanks very much for your kind update, we appreciate that.

@d8nnii  Hi, as daBowmore suggested, check for the latest update on your Deco app and update the firmware for your Deco device, you will be able to change the security type now.

Options
2020-10-13 05:10:12

Hello. I have succesfully updated my decos firmware and now my ios devices no more bugging me about weak security. I cannot see though on deco settings the option to choose my wifi security. I run my decos on access point mode

Options
Related Articles