Weak secuirty issue on the IOS system

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-18 02:59:56 - last edited 2022-08-26 09:21:02
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Background:

Some of you may have updated your Apple devices to the latest iOS 14 version and get a “Weak Security” warning message when connecting to the Deco network. 

Why Deco network is displayed as “Weak Security”?

Deco by default secured your wireless network with a mixed WPA/WPA2-AES/TKIP security, and the previous firmware was not allowed to manually configure the security mode. While iOS14 and some new operating systems consider other than the latest WPA3 and WPA2 AES to have security issues.

Solution:

1. The latest firmware version has allowed users to manually configure the security mode; Please make sure that you have updated Deco to the latest firmware;

2. Please ensure you are running the latest Deco app on your phone;

Then Launch your Deco app->MORE->Wi-Fi, tap the password box and you will be able to change the Security Type:

Note:

1. Sometimes Deco APP might fail to get the latest firmware upgrade notification, please also check on the local official website to ensure you have the latest firmware;

2. After changing the security mode to WPA2-PSK (AES) only, If some of your old IoT devices cannot connect to the Deco network anymore, you could change the security back to the mixed WPA2-PSK (AES)+WPA-PSK (TKIP) as your devices might not support the newer AES version.

Options
141 Reply
Re:【Deco Beta Firmware】Change wireless security type on your Deco system
2020-09-18 09:08:23
And news on the P9?
Options
2020-09-18 09:38:40

@timp78 

Thanks for your reminding, just updated.

Options
2020-09-18 09:40:28

@TP-Link_Deco please can you issue a change log?

Options
2020-09-18 15:52:54

@TP-Link_Deco thanks so much for the beta firmware upgrade. I have changed my review on Amazon to reflect the improvement

Options
2020-09-18 18:31:49 - last edited 2020-09-18 18:59:20

@TP-Link_Deco I was able to update my m5 network to the beta. In the app, I verified that the new firmware was recognized. I went to the App Store to verify the version of the app I have (2.2.2 for iOS, updated 1 week ago). However, I don't have the option on the Wi-Fi Settings screen to manage secuirty.

However, my i-devices started working again now that the router has been updated.

In case some people were wondering: in my case, my Apple devices connected to the network fine, but they just had sporadic or very slow connections to other sites. So, my symptoms were:

• Wireless network not working on i-devices despite multiple reboots of entire system.
  • Wired network working correctly.
  • Wireless network working ok on non-Apple devices.

EDIT: This was resolved by updating to the beta firmware. Thank you for providing that. Unfortunately, after about 10 minutes, my iPad was back to the same intermittent internet problem, while my wired computer is working fine. My Deco app now has a "network optimization" feature that I'm running. But I'm not hopeful at this point.... Yep, as I expected, that didn't help. Bummer. 

Will there be an automatic upgrade from the beta to the release software? Sometimes some companies make beta users upgrade manually becuase the release doesn't include an upgrade mechanism from the beta version.

Options
2020-09-18 18:41:49

@TP-Link_Deco 

Thanks for the Updates.

As your mail support already told me - I have an integrated M3W Deco too - this device so far has no firmware update.

So it happens, that my DecoApp doesn't show the security settings.

Please keep in mind updating the M3W too! :)

Thanks

— Deco X20 v2 1.2.3-20230906 Build 41655 Active IoT network
Options
2020-09-19 23:31:15

@TP-Link_Deco 

Dear, I am currently using a beta firmware on my deco m4 for the 5Ghz channel to receive 149+ channel. Is this firmware restriced to band 1-4? Otherwise, I cannot connect my phones using 5Ghz. Which is really annoying. 

Options
2020-09-20 00:17:27

@TP-Link_Deco 

I just upgraded my M5 and M4 and don't see any prompt to change the WiFi.  When I press the password I don't get any prompt.  I verified that the beta software has been successfully loaded onto both devices.  What is the problem?

I do now have a "Network Optimization" feature.  Not sure what it does.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Options
2020-09-20 05:02:37

@TP-Link_Deco 

I updated to the beta firmware and it works fine for me (5 Decos P7)

But I can't find a new "network optimisation" function. Where should I find it? I have the iOS 2.2.2 app version

Options
2020-09-20 08:26:50

@TP-Link_Deco Great article. It helps a lot for my work. Thanks for sharing these effective and helpful ways. https://gbwhatsapp.fun/gbwhatsapp-for-ios/ 

https://gbwhatsapp.fun/gb-whatsapp-apk-download/
Options

Information

Helpful: 10

Views: 93423

Replies: 145