Router "Input" units used as "Output" units

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-19 08:03:12

I've recently decided to setup a Powerline Network at home. I've done a bunch of research and opted for TP-Link's offerings.
I'm setting up a fairly large home network, mostly non-wifi, with different requirements at most of the "output" nodes.

I have several different questions, which aren't tied to specific models..

============

The majority of the products available for sale are asymmetric "Kits" where one of the 2 units is intended to be the unit beside the router, and is thus a different model.

E.g. PA8033P KIT comprises a PA8010P unit and a PA8030P unit.

Have I correctly understood that there aren't really "Input" and "Output" units ... both units *could* be used as output units? i.e. the unit in a kit that is "intended" as the router input unit, *could* be used as an output unit.

To put it another way, if I buy 2 Kits (and thus have 4 units in total), I think I should be able to have 1 "input" unit by the router, and 3 "output" units around the house?

Is that correct?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Router "Input" units used as "Output" units
2020-04-23 09:01:11

@Brondahl 

Dear customer

Yes, you perspective is correct.

Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0