Parental Control browsing history

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-22 06:34:25
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

I been using parental control for a while, and looking at "Insights" can this product made the browsing history more readable and understandable? I mean all the background connection like aws, googleapis.com, connectivity check.gstatic.com, etc doesn't actually mean anything to me, it would be more helpful if it is straight to the point name Youtube.com Facebook.com, netflix.com. Get what I mean?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Parental Control browsing history
2020-04-29 11:31:14

@Zjlau 

Yes, I understand the information you want to see on the "Insight" page. However, the information shows on the "Insight" page now also the browsing history of the controlled device, because a different people may have different criteria for whether the browsing history is useful or not, so it is difficult to distinguish which URLs should be recorded.
But we will keep recording the same kind of request. Then we can forward it to our product engineer and they can work on it. 
If there are any updates, we will upload it to our official website. It is very suggested to keep an eye on the official website and wait for the updates. 

Good day. 

Options
2021-04-11 18:48:54

@TP-Link_Deco , Any update on this to get more detailed browsing history? That feature currently is absolutely no use monitoring children browsing activity. Is this a feature in any other device or short coming in just Deco S4 model? Pleae advise.

Options
2021-04-12 03:37:16

@Balav 

Hi, is your current insight>history displaying like this:

It is closely related to Deco app and all Deco models share the same format;

Options
2021-08-25 05:15:34

@TP-Link there are numerous requests for browsing history to be for a longer period or exported out so that parents can have an overall view of the browsing history of their kids. It's not hard to understand that no parent has the time to constantly open the app to only see the last hour or so of browsing history.

So,

1. Is there any planned update for longer browsing histories and perhaps a dashboard to view the day's history?

2. Is there any planned update to export the browsing history to an external text output, so other tools can be used to provide better insights?

Tq.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 7234

Replies: 4

Related Articles