AX6000 Stops forwarding frames to one device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-26 17:01:45 - last edited 2020-04-26 17:09:50
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.7 Build 20200212 rel.7095(5553)

Hello,

This router connects to all my devices via WI-FI (5 wireless and 4 wired too) wonderfully and never drops out with the WI-FI signal, but ONE device, my wireless printer, becomes unavaiable after a few days until I reboot the router to restore connectivity. I am a network technician by trade and troubleshot the issue. When my PC loses visibility of the printer in Windows, I tried to ping it but it won't get a response. I try to ping the default gateway on the router from my wireless PC and I can ping the gateway fine. I can ping any other device on my network fine. I just can't ping the printer. So next I log into the router and use its diagnostics to ping the printer from the router. It pings the printer fine across the WI-FI connection, so I am not losing the wifi connection. So, if the PC can ping the router and the router can ping the printer, I should be able to ping the printer from the PC. But once this bug appears, I can't anymore unless I reboot the router, then I can ping the printer again from the PC. This router loses the ability to forward layer 2 frames to my printer, and only my printer, every 3 or 4 days forcing me to reboot it to fix it. I've tried rebooting just the printer or PC, but that doesn't fix it. I don't have port security turned on. I am using DHCP and my subnet masks are correct. I even added a MAC reservation in the router hoping that might "cement" the MAC entry. Nope, the bug still comes back. There is a bug in this router that causes it to stop forwarding frames to certain MAC addresses until rebooted. Corrrupt MAC table maybe? I don't know, but I cannot continue to reboot my router every 3 or 4 days to maintain print capability. This high end router costs too much to have basic MAC forwarding issues like this. Please fix ASAP or I will return to Amazon while I still am in my return window.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 309

Replies: 0

Related Articles