Are there TP-Link devices compatible with FTTH? Directly using the fiber optic cable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Are there TP-Link devices compatible with FTTH? Directly using the fiber optic cable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-29 13:59:47

I want to replace the modem\router provided by the ISP and I'm browsing for products which can give me more flexibility in configuration.

The provided modem\router has a female optical port (I guess it's called SFP or ONI, I still have to understand that) and all the products I am seeing here have an ethernet WAN port.

Given that FTTH has been around for a while I am wondering why there aren't many products compatible with a direct fiber optic connection, I see most of the TP-Link products claim to be FTTH compatible but I am prone to believe that's reffered to the bandwidth and not the real hardware connection. Am I missing something?

How can I use a TP-Link device which has an ethernet WAN when all I have is a fiber optic cable coming out from the wall?

The modem-router pic and the fiber optic cable are attached.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Are there TP-Link devices compatible with FTTH? Directly using the fiber optic cable
2021-01-17 16:58:57

@Maxiride  i want this

Options
Re:Are there TP-Link devices compatible with FTTH? Directly using the fiber optic cable
2021-01-19 23:55:35

@Ahsan_khokhar 

Hey

I could be wrong, but I do not think TP Link have a direct to Fibre FTTP router at present.   Their current solutions all require a modem or device similar to your current for WAN connectivity.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 14258

Replies: 2