Connected to Extender but no Internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-29 15:30:44

Hello community, 

this might have been asked several times before, but I can't see anything that fits in the threads exactly. 

I have purchased the TP Link AV600 (TL WPA4220), and tried to connect it to my existing router today.

What I've managed to do:

- Connect the Extender to the router with the LAN cable (however, there is only one wall plugin available and that is where the router is connected to; so had to plug in the Extender to a power strip - that might also be a problem. Dont see how else to do this though, unless I purchase a very long LAN cable, to connect the router with the Extender and then the Extender with the only other available wall socket across the room). 

- Pair the Extender with the router (power light on Extender is ON, Wifi signal is also ON). I also 'think' I've connected with the WPS from the router, to pair the SSID and password (at least the Wifi on the Extender was blinking 3x, which is what the manual said)

If I plug the Extender now into another power socket in another part of the house, it's 'on' (-> Wifi signal and power buttons are on), and there is a strong connection on my phone to the existing Wifi name. I do not see the name of the TP wifi network.  However - there is no connection to the Internet. So the problem seems to be there is a connection to teh Extender (say, from the phone), but not from the Extender to the router for the actual Internet. 

i can't seem to figure it out. :( Would very much like some support, many thanks in advance!

Susanne

Options