Try this if you have frequent disconnection/connected but no wifi on your RE450 range extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Try this if you have frequent disconnection/connected but no wifi on your RE450 range extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-30 11:13:07
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Try this https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/943/

if you have frequent disconnection or connect but no wifi on your RE450 wireless range extender. 

The methodology is to connect the extender to the main router through (2.4GHz) and the extender to your devices through (5GHz) instead of using them interchangeably which might be the reason that causes all these problems. 

WEB GUI Login

However WEB GUI login will be different from the one stated. You will have to use the range extender wifi to log in (try it whenever there is connection via your range extender) then it will show you a page that requires only a password. Instead of using admin as the password, you will have to use the password that you initially set up for your wifi range extender (not the main router password).

I tried this after my range extender had those problems the second day after I used it. It really worked and till now there wasn't any more problems.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Try this if you have frequent disconnection/connected but no wifi on your RE450 range extender
2021-08-11 23:04:05

@Louise.Y11 Thanks! Can confirm this worked for me. Turned off 2.4 GHz from the RE450 to the Comcast router, left only 5 GHz on to the router, and the connection was stable.

The RE450 did not like having both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz on dynamically to the router. The System Log showed errors every 5 minutes, "Error 2.4/5 GHz failed the connection to the front end, due to connecting time out"

Options
Re:Try this if you have frequent disconnection/connected but no wifi on your RE450 range extender
2021-08-12 09:08:35

@Jonathan_E @Louise.Y11 

Thank you for the sharing!  May I know the model of your router and the hardware/ firmware version of your RE450 and we would like to keep an eye for similar feedback. 

Here is the guide for the high speed for the new UI in case some users use the new UI: 

How to configure High Speed Mode in my Range Extender (new logo)

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2479/

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 3096

Replies: 2

Related Articles