Archer MR600(EU) V1 - BETA Firmware - Allowing selection of 4G+bands for Archer MR600 manually

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer MR600(EU) V1 - BETA Firmware - Allowing selection of 4G+bands for Archer MR600 manually

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
506 Reply
Re:Archer MR600(EU) V1 - BETA Firmware - Allowing selection of 4G+bands for Archer MR600 manually
2020-08-28 20:44:17

@Abhi093 Hi Abhi, 40A+40A working proof of Airtel and JIO provider is given on the below post #7

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/224154?replyId=483194

Hope the developers will release the 40A+40A support soon.

Options
Re:Archer MR600(EU) V1 - BETA Firmware - Allowing selection of 4G+bands for Archer MR600 manually
2020-08-31 06:45:15

Hello.

So, after a few days of testing, i want to report what i believe is a bug with MR600. 

I have tried both latest official firmware 1.2.0 and the beta firmware With the beta firmware i choose BAND 3 and BAND 20. The modem (MR600) locks correctly on both band (4g+), i get mostly in my situation 75-100% signal and the rest of the values are amazing. The locking on BAND 3 and BAND 20 (hence CA), stays untouched for the most of the day. Then, all of a sudden, at always the same time during the night, i lose CA and 4+ and the modem lock only on BAND 20. Ok, this might be a bug with the modem OR it might be some kind of rules from the provider (for example to deny access to a certain dynamic IP after a period of time, or anything really). What is definately a bug with the modem though, is the fact that even if you make a software reboot, or even have a software reboot of the modem from the settings menu every day AFTER the lost of the second band, the modem keeps locking on the same BAND (20 in my case), however times you soft reboot it. It never regains access to BAND 3 and therefore CA. What IS working though is a hardware reboot (meaning, by pressing the button on the modem). After a hard reboot the modem instantly after loading locks on Band 3 and 20 and 4g+ is again locked for the rest of the day, until that time comes again at night and loses CA again and so forth... What i guess is happening, is that with a soft reboot the modem is either not clearing cache, or is not flushing addresses right. 

It needs to be fixed ASAP and i believe is something that CAN be fixed by firmware update...

I also created a new post here:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/224850

Options
2020-08-31 07:56:00

@akatelka Hi I am also facing similar issues with my Indian provider JIO, at night 40A+40A CA combination is not working in so may areas in Mumbai.

This is due to our service provider JIO who switches off the extra radios/transmitters at the BTS tower end which are involved in the CA process to save the electricity power till morning.

During night time, above CA combination is not working with all the mobile phone devices as well in Mumbai with the JIO service provider in several ares.

So, you can also cross check the same at your location at night with other mobile phone devices which supports the same CA combination in day time.

I am not sure for your case, but it could be the issue.

Regards,

Rajiv.

Options
2020-08-31 08:32:39

@Rajiv.R 

Sure, might also be the case. But, what i am mostly interested, and what Tp-Link should work on fixing, is WHY the soft reboot process is not working. How many times i tried during different hours, soft rebooting it from within the modem's settings, could not allocate a second BAND. Whereas after a hard reboot from the modem's button, always worked. This is a software bug from Tp-Link and it has nothing to do with the providers... Maybe at night here in Greece the same thing is happening. But in the morning, late morning, afternoon etc, is not the case. At those times, i try to soft reboot, and nothing. Lock's on band 20. At the next moment i hard reboot, and instantly is locking on Band 3 and Band 20. This is proof that there is some caching problem. Possibly a soft reboot is not clearing cache or allocating new IP whereas the hard reboot is working as it should (this also proves that the option in settings to reboot automatically in certain times of your choice, is pointless)... 

Options
2020-08-31 08:39:15 - last edited 2020-08-31 08:41:39

@akatelka 

If a software reboot doesn't solve the problem, it seems a hardware RF locking... :(

...or a soft reboot doesn't reset some peripherals.

Options
2020-08-31 08:48:30

@akatelka @Datman.  I would say , problem still persists with the beta firmware. Reboot is not a fix. tp link should fix it .

@Sunshine  for your attention.!

Regards, Abhi
Options
2020-08-31 08:51:29

@Datman. 

hm... are you sure ? why not some kind of bug ? how does it get fixed after a hard reboot ? (not a hard reset, but a hard reboot).

for now, what i am doing to solve the problem on my side, is using a smart plug with a schedule to cut off the power every morning at 6am and providing power again after 2 minutes (i lose CA and 4g+ at about 3am but i don't usually need extra badwidth at that time, but maybe i'll try to cut power at that time to see if indeed is a providers problem that i lose CA in the first place).

Options
2020-09-01 12:51:24 - last edited 2020-09-01 13:57:00

@Abhi093 @Rajiv.R ,

I found some time to do multiple tests with lpda (MIMO 12DBi ) and panel MIMO 9dbi . I was able to reach max speed of 63 Mbps with mimo panel on Jio network. Did multiple tests averaging around 50-55 Mbps. I tried the LPDAs too. But couldn't reach more than 45 Mbps . 

Without any antennas (with default stock ones) I am not even reaching 3 Mbps.

Regarding Airtel. In nearest Airtel tower has problem with 2300 mhz component . The rf transmitter has a fault. I have raised a concern to Airtel. Otherwise Airtel tower is just 200 meters to me  and Jio is about a Km.

Below are the screen grabs from the tests .

Regards, Abhi
Options
2020-09-02 10:48:02
@Abhi093 I'm on Airtel in AP/India. I have mounted the MR600 on the terrace for better connection. My nearest tower is <1km away. Router is connecting only Band3. When I force Band40, Band 40 - I'm not getting any connection. Another observation is though the router is mounted on the terrace, I'm only getting 75% signal strength. Any tricks on improving signal strength? Or to get CA?
Options
2020-09-02 11:02:32

@AP_Techie 

Hello 👋,

Are you on the. Clear Line of Sight of the tower. If yes then mount a directional antenna pointing the tower. They are more powerful than default antennas. 

CA depends on the tower whether it's enabled or not.. and also which band combinations are enabled by the provider in your area/tower.. I would suggest to go for MIMO 4G antenna.

Regards, Abhi
Options
Related Articles