Archer C6 unstable Wifi connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-30 19:30:46
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

Hello,

I experience connectivity issue with my Archer C6 at the beginning of the connection. For appromatively 5 minutes the connection is not stable, I stay connected to the Wifi but I when I make a speedtest I have socket errors. After this unstable period I have no problems,

The Archer C6 is in router mode and I have an Archer C7 in Access Point connected on the C6 by PLC and I have no issue with the C7 Wifi connection.

I have the same problem on both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz. I tried to change the channels and it doesn’t get better ...

From what I saw I have no issue with wired connection.

Any ideas,

Thanks

Options
13 Reply
Re:Archer C6 unstable Wifi connection
2020-04-30 20:43:21 - last edited 2020-04-30 20:44:26

@m-lce Why u use 2 routers in one place? Are they use same Wi-Fi names? Signal power in setting maximum or middle? Which channels u use in every router for 2,4 and for 5G?

Options
2020-05-01 13:29:06

Hello,

I do not use the same WiFi names. Channel are 6 and 11 for 2.4 GHz and 36 and 48 for 5Ghz. Signal power is set to maximum on both. I use two because one is not enough to have a good WiFi connection everywhere in my place, but as I said only the C6 is in router mode.

Thanks

Options
2020-05-24 07:14:15

@m-lce Everyone have the same problem dude, they don't give a sh** about that, so good luck.

Options
2020-05-24 13:57:37

@m-lce 

Attempt the following, one at a time to see which works:

• Review the Wireless setting, under 2.4GHz, adjust the Mode, b/g/n or b/g or n only.
  • Next, perform similarly with the 5GHz setting if the above didn't help.
  • Another option is to separate the 2.4GHz and 5GHz WiFi SSID along with different password to see if this helps. For example, SSID tplink1 - 2.4GHz and SSID tplink2 - 5GHz, different password for each.

Some older devices might have issues with newer WiFi and its dual channel capabilities. By separating 2.4GHz and 5GHz to its own SSID and password, helps with troubleshooting.

There's also an article pin at the first page of the forum.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/200588

Good luck with troubleshooting and do post back of the result.

Options
2020-11-20 06:05:58

@Rafat 

Hello, may I know the hardware version of your C6, is it an EU v2 or US v2? You may check it on its bottom label.

Please ensure its firmware is up-to-date, put the router in a well-ventilated location or mount it vertically on a stand that permits the free flow of air if the router feels hot. You can also change its transmit power to middle or low and monitor again.

As for the unstable issue, do you refer to the 2.4GHz network or both of the two bands? Try to use Wi-Fi analyzer and find a clear channel, change channel width to 20MHz for the 2.4GHz and 40MHz for 5GHz.

Thanks a lot.

Options
2020-11-20 06:29:03

@Kevin_Z hey Kevin, i also had this problem, it s a firmware problem, the solution is instaling beta version 1.3.1 and the router will work flawless.

Options
2020-11-20 08:04:52

@MihaiWFWF 

Hello, thanks for this, we will soon release a new firmware for the Archer C6, please kindly wait and confirm later.

Options
2020-12-07 13:07:38

Also using Archer C6 as a router and also have troubles with disconnecting.

Whole week just working fine, Zero disconnection and then at Friday, router was disconnecting whole day.

5min up, disconnect, 5min up, disconnect, etc.

Now, again, working fine.

Has to be firmware problem.

Hope, to get update soon.

Options
2020-12-10 06:19:50

@Style78 

Hello, may I know the hardware version of your C6, is it an EU v2 or US v2? You may check it on its bottom label.

Please ensure its firmware is up-to-date, put the router in a well-ventilated location or mount it vertically on a stand that permits the free flow of air if the router feels hot. You can also change its transmit power to middle or low and monitor again.

As for the unstable issue, do you refer to the 2.4GHz network or both of the two bands? Try to use Wi-Fi analyzer and find a clear channel, change channel width to 20MHz for the 2.4GHz and 40MHz for 5GHz.

Thanks a lot.

Options
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 8889

Replies: 13

Related Articles