Unable to get internet archer ax50

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-02 10:29:36 - last edited 2020-06-06 04:51:43
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I've recently changed ISP and had to purchase a new router. We have HFC nbn here in Brisbane QLD.

The first 2 Netgear routers couldn't connect and a dlink ac1600 did, for about a week then failed. I then today repurchased  the ax50 and again, unable to get internet. Chatting with the ISP, we can get as far as showing the router having internet but we don't actually have it. 

We've been using an old optus provided router in between and that works fine although takes some fiddling to reconnect after trying another router. 

Any idea why the optus router works but not others? TIA

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Unable to get internet archer ax50-Solution
2020-06-06 04:51:21 - last edited 2020-06-06 04:51:43

@Twodads 

Hello, sorry to hear that.

We suggest you refer to the QAs on the official website and confirm the connection type is compatible first:

General Questions about NBN Network in Australia

And here is some troubleshooting suggestions to check in order to make the TP-Link router work with the NBN box:

What should I do if my TP-Link router does not work with NBN box?

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Unable to get internet archer ax50
2020-06-06 04:22:51
i am having the same issue and I am in Brisbane too. Have done all suggested solutions , but no luck. contacted ISP and their tech support has done all checks. Nothing found but I still can not connect it to The NBN box. it works fine if used as a separate access point. But stops working when connected to NBN box as the primary rounter. yes. I hv checked and it is in router mode when being used in that capacity. plz advise if You found the solution. regards
Options
Re:Unable to get internet archer ax50-Solution
2020-06-06 04:51:21 - last edited 2020-06-06 04:51:43

@Twodads 

Hello, sorry to hear that.

We suggest you refer to the QAs on the official website and confirm the connection type is compatible first:

General Questions about NBN Network in Australia

And here is some troubleshooting suggestions to check in order to make the TP-Link router work with the NBN box:

What should I do if my TP-Link router does not work with NBN box?

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1723

Replies: 2

Related Articles