Archer XR500v availability and specs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-02 17:47:50 - last edited 2021-01-04 07:07:24

I have a gigabit connection FTTH and my ISP provided me with their router which has an integrated ONT.

I was browsing the TP-Link products and I've found that only the Archer XR500v as an optical WAN GPON port, however, it seems to be unavailable in any store or e-commerce (Italy), I'm not specifically interested in this model as many others in the TP-Link family suits my needs but the integrated ONT made it a valuable resource. Otherwise with any other router with an Ethernet WAN port I would have to purchase an ONT too.

Furthermore I can't find any information on this mode, its support page is empty and there is no administration panel preview either, I couldn't even find it in the Model drop down here in the forum post creation!

Is there a real benefit in having a router with an integrated ONT compared to all the other routers which would required the purchase of ONT?

On the subject of ONTs I noticed that there are several types and I have yet to understand how should I chose a compatible one with the fiber optic cable coming out from my wall.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer XR500v availability and specs
2021-09-12 20:57:19 - last edited 2021-09-12 21:03:00

@Maxiride I don't recommend this device. I wrote about it here.

Think about it. If wifi breaks and there's no solution, you'll have to replace everything.

Don't go for all-in-one solutions, as they're more likely to have bugs. They are large and difficult to maintain. Use devices that do one thing, and do it well.

Also, because of the integrated ONU feature, it can never be supported by alternative operating systems such as OpenWrt.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 846

Replies: 1

Related Articles