Deco S4 will not connect to modem after power surge

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-03 22:16:21
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Ive have a surfboard modem hardwired into my computer and connected to my main deco working great for the past theee weeks, then this morning we had a power surge and the deco will not reconnect to the modem. I've tried countless times, unplugging each for 30+ minutes respectively, resets, new WiFi networks all to no avail. It always fails at the very end when it's trying to connect, then goes solid red. I called the modems company just incase and they said it's all on the router as I'm getting internet on my computer. Any help would be so appreciated!! 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco S4 will not connect to modem after power surge
2021-11-19 14:06:09

@Davies414 Wish I had an answer. Mine is doing the same thing. Woke up yesterday morning and all 3 devices were solid red. Rest everything many times. Tore the whole system down and rebuilt from scratch using each of the 3 devices as the base unit. I even reloaded the app on my phone. If I have any success pairing the phone to a device, I never regain a wifi connection. It has been working for 3 months. I have no evidence of a power surge and the hard connection from the modem to the computer works fine. I even swapped ports on the modem and got the same results. Very frustrating.

Options
Re:Deco S4 will not connect to modem after power surge
2021-11-22 06:58:08

@IndyPa 

Hi, Thank you very much for your feedback.

please try to install the following debug firmware on this link:

[Solution] Wireless clients and Satellite Deco fail to connect to Main Deco under Spectrum / Starhub

And May I know who is your internet service provider?

Please keep me updated on whether it could improve your issue or not.

Thank you again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 724

Replies: 2