Sonos won’t connect with my new M9 deco system

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-14 08:29:52 - last edited 2020-05-14 08:49:39
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Latest

Hi all,

finally got my WiFi all set up and getting GREAT speeds, and now entered a huge problem!! Our Sonos system does not work.

i have done everything the app Is asking me to do, and have my playbar connected Ethernet to the deco near the TV and it does not even recognise it on the deco app.

i have read so many people have ethic issue but no one has shown its resolve other than send the deco back to the store!!!

any help will be great - thank all

keep safe

Options
2 Reply
Re:Sonos won’t connect with my new M9 deco system
2020-05-14 14:43:55

One thing i have read is that if I select changing to Access mode in th operating mode - this works with Sonos.

I can confirm this does work !! BUT I have all lost my parent control and loads of options which in time i would like to have used.

How come it works in access mode?...what can i do with my Sonos system that will work?

Options
Re:Sonos won’t connect with my new M9 deco system
2020-05-14 19:31:33

@Adie-H 

I have 4 sonos devices and have used the Deco sucessfully in AP mode and Router mode but your setup has to be suitable.

If you use your Deco's in router mode, you should not have them connected to another router, unless the router is in bridge mode. If the other router doesnt have a bridge mode then you are going to experience NAT probelms double nat and possibly DHCP problems and routing issues. You must make sure the original router wifi is turned off.

The other interesting thing about Sonos is that they can create their own independant wireless network, separate from your main network, which gives them some additional reliability. To ensure they work in this mode you do need to connect one of your sonos devices by ehternet cable to a switch or one of your decos. Then the sonos will create a wireless network directly with the other sonos devices. It shouldnt be necessary though if you dont have two routers in your network.

If you could supply a little more info about how your decos are connected (wired / wireless) and also what your main deco is connected to it might give a few clues as to what is going on.

Oakmeister

-- Deco X50-POE user
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2800

Replies: 2