New Deco M9 plus system

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

New Deco M9 plus system

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
New Deco M9 plus system
New Deco M9 plus system
2020-06-19 10:26:34

Hi, just set up a 3 pack Deco M9 plus system for a home network. Its working alongside a Virgin Media 3.0 Hub which has been put into modem mode. As I have changed the VM to modem mode I am now 2 Lan ports short of where the modem/main deco live. What would my best option be? Purchase a another single Deco M5 or M9 and place in near the VM modem/main deco or purchase a designated TP router and use the 3 decos as the extenders around the house? 

If the second option what router will work best with the M9's and would i need to completly reset the system or simply unplug the current main deco and replace it with a router and repostion this deco to somewhere else in the house?

Thanks

Andy

Options
3 Reply
Re:New Deco M9 plus system
2020-06-19 10:39:42

@Tuxs I would buy a simple switch. I have an 8 port TP-link TL-SG108 switch in my M9+ V2 network, it works great.

Options
2020-06-19 10:41:13 - last edited 2020-06-19 10:53:31

@cacb Do you simply plug this into the main deco and then the extra ports become active on the network? So the main deco would have 1 port going into the VM modem and the other port going into the 8 port switch which would then create 7 new Lan ports onto the home network?

Options
2020-06-19 16:31:33

@Tuxs  Yes, I use a CAT6 cable from the main Deco to the switch and connect other devices to it, including another Deco. I get 7 ports that way, it is true. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1300

Replies: 3

Related Articles