Your wireless function is turned off. please turn on the Wifi button.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-14 19:55:08
Model: Archer C3200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 0.1 v004b.0 Build 150714 Rel.62459n

My archer c3200 keeps shut off the wireless! The internet still working on the ethernet ports. The C3200 is pluged into UPS. The default is supposed to be wireless on. If I reboot or turn off the C3200 the wireless stays off. I have to press the wireless button for it to come on. The wireless will turn off again after been on for few hours. I need help to keep it on?

Thank you if someone has answer.

Options
7 Reply
Re:Your wireless function is turned off. please turn on the Wifi button.
2020-07-04 21:05:45

@keithone 
An ISP custoemr was having a similar problem with an Archer 900.
Holding down the WPS button re-enabled the wireless networks.

Options
2020-11-29 10:56:40

@keithone

I am facing same issue with Archer C6 router. i tried to downgrade firmware or upgrade but no luck.

Options
2020-11-30 06:03:15

@mddh 

Do you mean both the 2.4G and 5G are not stable and keep disconnecting on the C6 router? How about the wired connection, is it stable? You may check if the internet LED on the C6 is orange or green when you lose the connection, ensure the connection between the C6 and your ISP modem is good. BTW, who is your ISP and what kind of connection are you using on the C6 WAN?

If only the wireless is unstable, you are suggested to modify the wireless settings on the C6 first, such as wireless channel, channel width and security settings.

Options
2021-06-01 12:47:50

@keithone My AC1750 had the same issue.  I hit the WPS button yesterday to link a new device and little did I know it shut off my wifi.  Press and hold the WPS button turned it back on again.

Why does the Tether app not have a wifi off/on switch>

Options
2021-06-04 22:08:24

@keithone there are some buttons on back side of the router . one button is for WPS/WIFI on-off  .  press and hold this button for 2 sec to turn on/off your wireless function.

Options
2021-06-04 22:11:28

@OrcasArouet BACK SIDE OF YOUR ROUTER THERE IS A BUTTON FOR BOTH FUNCTION OF WPS AND WIFI ON-OFF . PRESS AND HOLD FOR 2 SECOND TO ON YOUR ROUTER.

File:
image20210605035713.bmpDownload
Options
2021-06-07 14:16:29

Why in the world would this button be on the router itself rather than, or in addition to, on the Tether app itself?  At the very least when it says the button is turned off it would tell you how to turn it on.

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 18024

Replies: 7