Failing to load app / websites

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-19 18:25:36
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.4

I changed from on olderer wifi router to the Deco M5 because I had buffer errors from time to time.

Now I get all kinds of wierd errors.

2-3 of my apps are not loading, and some websides ex. youtube.com fails to load, both app and webpage, a few times it actually loaded, but all the photos from the movies did not apear, and a few times it loaded fine ??? also google.com is sometimes not loading, and  I have 2 TV's with chromecasts, on 1 tv it is working, but the other dosent ??? I am using the 2.4 GHz frequens band.

Looks like some kind of DNS confusion, or maybe some security settings are blocking something for whatever reason, though I cannot find any setting to change.

anti virus and parent control is disapled.

any suggestions ?

thx in advance, and sorry for my bad english.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Failing to load app / websites
2020-05-22 10:31:19

@FCK4EVER 

In this case, you can refer to the link below to change the DNS server for a try.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1855/

Options
2021-03-09 15:58:53

@TP-Link_Deco 

i experience the same stuff. as i use the deco m4 in accesspoint mode i'm not able to change the DNS server. But the problems only appear since i use the DECOs.

Options
2021-03-09 18:53:57

@sieger 

my errors vanished completely after changing from router mode to accesspoint mode.

Options
2021-03-10 01:49:58

@sieger 

Hi, Did you have the same issue when connecting to the main router?

--By the way, May I know the model number of your home router?

Did all your mobile devices have the same issue?

if possible, could you please turn off the fast roaming on the Deco APP, as well as the Mesh Technology for the devices to see whether it helped or not?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 813

Replies: 4