Modem Restarting Randomly itself Automatically....(its very Annoying me) NEED HELP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Modem Restarting Randomly itself Automatically....(its very Annoying me) NEED HELP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-06-18 23:57:24
Region : India

Model : TD-W8951ND

Hardware Version : V5

Firmware Version : 5.0.0

ISP : BSNL INDIA

hiiii,
I am Using Tp-Link TD-W8951ND on BSNL Network..
the problem is when ever i use wifi on my device like(Samsung galaxy S4) when i try to load up youtube video or something download or surfing, Modem restart itself always... its highly annoying me...
mostly when i use my wifi on device at low signal(1signal) (far from high signal area-modem) Modem restart after click of using interent...

some times my heart says that Take a gun and fire on the modem...
not much have problem when i use Lan on pc...

Please help me..... I have no time to exchange give a modem to service centre for 1 month, i m not free man... i have bussiness.
Options
34 Reply
Re:Modem Restarting Randomly itself Automatically....(its very Annoying me) NEED HELP
2013-06-19 23:31:36
any body here to help?
Options
Re:Modem Restarting Randomly itself Automatically....(its very Annoying me) NEED HELP
2013-06-21 16:11:05
ok, so, nobody here...
is the forum is for regestration only or for helping??
Options
2013-06-22 14:08:35
Hi.
So when your PC is wired to the modem, you can view youtube videos and surf online without any problem?
How many devices are connected to the modem?
Except Samsung galaxy S4, your other wifi devices also have the same problem?
What is the security type of the WiFi network?
Options
Same issue with wireless
2013-06-23 00:21:29

alisa wrote

Hi.
So when your PC is wired to the modem, you can view youtube videos and surf online without any problem?
How many devices are connected to the modem?
Except Samsung galaxy S4, your other wifi devices also have the same problem?
What is the security type of the WiFi network?

I am also facing the same problem, when PC is wired to modem, things work fine. If I use any wifi device then it restarts randomly. I used another same model modem (took from my brother) to verify the line, there was no problem at all. Not sure what is the issue.
Options
2013-06-23 13:43:58

pankajgwl wrote

I am also facing the same problem, when PC is wired to modem, things work fine. If I use any wifi device then it restarts randomly. I used another same model modem (took from my brother) to verify the line, there was no problem at all. Not sure what is the issue.

So your modem is also TD-W8951ND_V5? What is the serial number of the modem?

BTW, have you tried to change the wireless channel on the modem? What is the security type of the wireless network? WEP or WPA?
Options
Tried different channels and firmware update
2013-06-24 10:36:23

Snowy wrote

So your modem is also TD-W8951ND_V5? What is the serial number of the modem?

BTW, have you tried to change the wireless channel on the modem? What is the security type of the wireless network? WEP or WPA?

Yes my modem is also TD-W8951ND_V5, sr. no. is 13171308890.
Yes I tried with changing channels to 2, 1, 11 and Auto. Security is WPA2-PSK. I also tried updating the firmware, resetting factory settings etc. This modem is the replacement of my original purchase as original was turning ADSL off in every 10 mins.

I borrowed my brothers Modem (same model TD-W8951ND V5), That modem is working fine with all default setting on same line and with same devices.

Appreciate any help.
Options
2013-06-24 16:08:06

pankajgwl wrote

Yes my modem is also TD-W8951ND_V5, sr. no. is 13171308890.
Yes I tried with changing channels to 2, 1, 11 and Auto. Security is WPA2-PSK. I also tried updating the firmware, resetting factory settings etc. This modem is the replacement of my original purchase as original was turning ADSL off in every 10 mins.

I borrowed my brothers Modem (same model TD-W8951ND V5), That modem is working fine with all default setting on same line and with same devices.

Appreciate any help.

It seems that your TD-W8951ND has hardware issue since your brother's modem with the same model is working fine with your other wireless machines.
If your TD-W8951ND is still under warranty, I suggest you to contact with the shop or your retailer who you buy this modem from and replace it with a new one.
Options
2013-06-24 18:52:55
yes, when i download/surf/watching video in 1 signal of wifi at any device like s4, modem restarts...
i have one laptop attacted with wifi + my mobile + PC, sometimes not all, but modem restarts like helll...
i noticed its mostly happens when my use my wifi far away from modem in 1 level Low signal area....
Options
2013-06-25 09:13:20

Mandeep148 wrote

yes, when i download/surf/watching video in 1 signal of wifi at any device like s4, modem restarts...
i have one laptop attacted with wifi + my mobile + PC, sometimes not all, but modem restarts like helll...
i noticed its mostly happens when my use my wifi far away from modem in 1 level Low signal area....

Some other people also have the similar problem, and the only way is to replace the modem with a new one. Is your modem still under warranty?
Options
2013-06-25 18:43:12
hiiiii,
yes,it is under warranty, but as i said, i have no time for repalcing and spending 1 month for replace.. i have so much usage of modem, its never free...
and one thing i want to inform, may be important...that....i tried to change wireless settings to 814e-G some thing like that, i forgot.. but i know i changed it to G,
and i noticed that modem not restarting now on usage of any wifi device nor in multiple device....but...... the problem is now, when i use wifi in low signal...so far away from signal area, the modem always restarts in low signal(when 1 signal showing in my s4 or laptop)
moral of story, changing settings fixed this issue too much..... Just low signal reset issue Pending, u know how to fix.....?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3238

Replies: 34

Related Articles