Modem Restarting Randomly itself Automatically....(its very Annoying me) NEED HELP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Modem Restarting Randomly itself Automatically....(its very Annoying me) NEED HELP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
34 Reply
Re:Modem Restarting Randomly itself Automatically....(its very Annoying me) NEED HELP
2013-07-11 09:24:30
20/40 MHz is the default settings for Channel Bandwidth. You cannot change it to 20MHz???
And I also find a beta firmware for TD-W8951ND_ V5 on TP-Link website, you can upgrade it for a try.
http://www.tp-link.com/resources/software/TD-W8951ND_V5_Beta_130705.zip
Hope this could help you.
Options
Re:Modem Restarting Randomly itself Automatically....(its very Annoying me) NEED HELP
2013-07-16 14:31:29
i am already on v5 firmware,
i tried to increase frequency too, but nothings helps
i can able to use modem only in 804.11+g
this is the only settings which is lil bit stable with near usage, but one low signal useage ,modem still reset automatically, its annoying me,
when ever i use this sh*t modem, my blood pressure always increases.. its fully annoy me,
when modem restart auto matically, at that time, power led never turned off, so, is that mean its not hardware issue?
i have no time to give it for replace,
any more help?
Options
2013-07-16 16:31:13

Mandeep148 wrote

i am already on v5 firmware,
i tried to increase frequency too, but nothings helps
i can able to use modem only in 804.11+g
this is the only settings which is lil bit stable with near usage, but one low signal useage ,modem still reset automatically, its annoying me,
when ever i use this sh*t modem, my blood pressure always increases.. its fully annoy me,
when modem restart auto matically, at that time, power led never turned off, so, is that mean its not hardware issue?
i have no time to give it for replace,
any more help?

Yep, it is annoying. I think it is time to replace it..........
Options
2013-07-26 19:09:46
Hi, I have the same issue as well. Whenever i use the 8951 ND with Wireless, the router restarts every few minutes and after few restarts it hangs. Only a power restart brings the router back online. I purchased this 3 weeks back and i have replaced this once already. The 2nd router also is giving me the same issue after couple of days. Please advise next steps.
Options
2013-08-04 08:45:06
If the wireless network is secured by WPA, you can change the wireless encryption to AES.
Have you tried to change the wireless channel and channel width?

And your TD-W8951ND is V5, you can also update it with the beta firmware.
http://www.tp-link.com/resources/sof...eta_130705.zip

If still the same, how many devices are connected to TD-W8951ND? If you disable WiFi on TD-W8951ND and connect computers to the modem by Ethernet cables, will the modem still restart automatically?
Options
i think i got the solution.
2013-08-22 01:06:25
actually its not the wireless problem...its dns problem which restart router itself and not connect to network for sometime.....use prefered dns server and check valdidate seetting upon exit in ip4 propeties...this should solve the problem...i too had been suffering now its ok..
Options
2013-09-11 18:54:26
i dont understand, can u tell which settings i need to change? where is ip4??? its surely wireless problem, because when one device sync with my modem from low signal distance, Modem stupidly restart itself....
Options
2013-09-16 13:06:51
I really doubt that this is a DNS problem. I am also facing the same problem with my 2 month old TP LINK WD 8951ND router which makes and breaks the wireless connection every 2 to 3 minutes adn I have Airtel Broad Band connection. Before this I had the Binatone router which was provided to me by Airtel. The reason for buying the TP Link router was to increase the wireless range and also the antena of my Binatone router had broken because of which the range had drastically reduced however the Binatone router is still good if I sit close to the router or use Lan.

Called up the Airtel Guy this Saturday and he checked all the wiring and found everything good. Then he tried to Ping the Airtel Servers Via the router and showed me that after regular interval there was disconnection with the TP Linke router. Then we connected the Binatone Router and did the same process and there was no disconnect in the connection.

This proved that the TP Link router had some connectivity issues and that there is some problem.

Request the TP Link support to let us know if this is a router issue and that do I need to make any chages to the settings of the router because called up TP Link support many times but no response.
Options
modem restarts when connected through mobile phones
2013-09-26 22:55:15
I recently bought the the 150MbPS Wireless N ADSL2+ Router (TD-W8951D).

The modem automatically restarts every time, I connect it with mobile phones like HTC Wildfire and Nexus S. But it does not restart when I connect it via laptop!!

Anybody has the answer for this?
Options
jus change ur adapter to 12v.....
2013-09-27 03:24:11
even i was experiencing the same problen....

the adapter which they give is 9v.... but dat is not suffecient to give wifi to far away devices, hence the modem gets restarted....
but i changed my adapter to 12v adapter and everything seems to be workin fine ;)

hope it'll work for you...
Options
Related Articles