Certain apps(Twitter, amazon prime, netflix) not working over wifi but work over mobile internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Certain apps(Twitter, amazon prime, netflix) not working over wifi but work over mobile internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-24 09:27:19
Model: Archer A9  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version:

I have 500 mbps fiber setup at home installed a week ago. I have found that on android note 9 certain apps like netflix, twitter, prime video, amazon shopping (But Youtube works) dont work. But they work fine on mobile internet. Running these websites on my laptop they work fine over wifi. I also found that my sony android smart tv is facing the same problem with the same apps not working.

I tested these apps on an Iphone-they worked fine. They also worked fine on oneplus7.

I have rummaged forums and platforms trying to solve this problem but no help so far. My wifi setup is as follows:

GPON Router/Modem(given by my ISP)----TP Link Router Archer A9 (Setup as an accesspoint)--- My android device

Also on my phone by using a vpn I gain access to these apps and also while using them on a mobile browser like chrome they work fine with the wifi. But apps dont work on wifi :(

Pl help guys

Options
3 Reply
Re:Certain apps(Twitter, amazon prime, netflix) not working over wifi but work over mobile internet
2020-05-24 14:11:08

@Spaceboy 

Was the router setup with VPN? The mobile devices used VPN while connecting to wifi on the router?

The issue seems to be at the mobile devices end, firewall / VPN, and not the router ability to access the internet.

Options
Re:Certain apps(Twitter, amazon prime, netflix) not working over wifi but work over mobile internet
2021-05-10 15:53:16

@Godzilla how to fix this

Options
2021-05-11 09:35:41

@Spaceboy 

Is the ISP GPON Router/Modem Wi-Fi capable? If it also has wireless function, try to enable the Wi-Fi on it, then connect the android note 9 to that network to check if you can use those apps. If not, is more like an issue on the android note 9 phone itself, you can try to uninsall those apps, clear the cache, and reinstall them, check again if you can use them.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1538

Replies: 3

Related Articles